Now that I am back hanging out at home (bored out of my mind) I'm re-entering the world of blogging. I'll admit that I have been incredibly lazy and that I have really neglected my blog. When you stop to think about it, updating a daily blog takes a lot of work so I give y'all major props for always keeping yours new, fun, and interesting! :)
To catch you up on the situation from my last real post, (when I was visiting my boyfriend) I decided to give the whole double dating situation another try. This time we double dated to the beach (with the same couple.) I'll admit, I thought it was going to be horrible but surprisingly I had a blast! I guess it's just a little hard for me to warm up to people at first. I didn't realize I was so shy but at least I learned something new about myself. The beach was SUPER HOT, the water was ICY COLD and sadly I ended up getting sunburned. Even with all of the aloe vera and moisturizer I put on in the past few days, I'm currently peeling. AND IT SUCKS! Luckily it's not my face- just my shoulders. Easy to hide...
Anyway, with all of this free time I've had, I've been doing a little bit of FUN summer reading. I decided to tackle the "Shopaholic" series so that I could FINALLY watch the movie. I read the first 2 books you know what?! I loooved them! I forgot just how fun reading could be! So last week my bf and I rented the movie and you know what?! THE BOOK WAS WAAAAAAAAAAAY BETTER!!!! The movie was completely different and it killed it for me! Did any of you read and then watch the movie?! OMG you haaave to giive me your input! I was so upset and rather disappointed. I guess that's why they say the book is always better.
On another note, in terms of shopping, I really haven't done any! I'm currently saving my $$$ for a brand new Marc Jacobs handbag. Which one? Not sure yet, but after eyeing a few at Nordy's the other day I really can't decide. Hehe. I know we've all been there before.
In the meantime I'll be catching up on all of your blogs! Enjoy your week! It's like 100+ degrees where I live!
4 comments:
My view:
Shopaholic - book better than movie. but Isla was so perfect as Becky that I did still enjoy the movie. it was a bit painful to watch the denial, however.
Devil Wears Prada - movie even better than the book. one of my all-time fave movies.
I love the books, but I thought the movie was cute too- I try and think of movies based on books as separate because I think that it makes them better... books are better, but I liked the movie enough to buy it on dvd.
a warning because I remember you said you were in school: DO NOT attempt to start any of them the day before a test because you won't get any studying done...
welcome back to blogging! it is definitely time consuming, i think we all disappear from it every now and then :) i read all the shopaholic books awhile ago so i'm excited to watch the movie soon! often times i find books to be better than the actual movie and this is SO true when it comes to Twilight!
saw shopaholic on the plane - cute.
own devil wears prada on bluray : ). i love when she gets a request for the pre-release of harry potter. and the chanel boots lol
Post a Comment