I'm super glad that I woke up early this morning to catch the great website update because I FINALLY pulled the trigger on the Dressy Jersey Strapless Dress in Papaya!
And WOOP WOOP it was only $29.99!!! This $30 cap is really workin' in my favor!! I've seeeeriously been waiting for that darn dress to get cheaper and it was just my luck that it did! There are a few other things that I would have loved to purchase but I just couldn't bring myself to pay over $100 for 3 meesley items. Shipping is such a downer!!!
Well anyway, I'm up in Northern California for the week visiting my BF and his family. I love love love being up here because NORCAL is such a different environment than SOCAL. IMO it's just a lot more pleasant, diverse, and they have THE best variety of food, shopping, etc. I looove it!
As far as shopping goes, I went to the Valley Fair JCrew to check out the scene and that store was pretty picked over and nothing really caught my eye. Not exciting at all. I'm hoping that my BF will take me around to other malls AND possibly the outlets but we'll have to see. He's the lazy type and is currently still snoring as I type. Ahh, he is definitely NOT an early bird.
On a side note, speaking of my BF, we went on a double date to D&B's with his friend and his gf last night and well, it was pretty awkward. You'd think that it was a total blast because when you think D&B's- it's like FOOD, DRINKS, FUN! Right?! Well in my case, not so much. For starters, I didn't know the girl or the guy for that matter and so I was rather quiet and kept to myself. But have you ever been on a double date where your bf ends up being more of a date to his friend than you?! Ahh I mean I understand that they're buddies and whatnot but man, would it kill my bf to ditch his friend for 5 minutes just to play skee-ball with me?! It was like they were attached at the hip. Ahh. And as for the gf, you know how you can just hit it off with some ladies and not so much with others... yeah, it was definitely the latter. Sorry for the rant!
Well.. I'm off to check out the "New Arrivals" I'll be posting my picks later on.
Happy Shopping Ladies!
7 comments:
Oh your $30 rule is working great:-) I saw a girl wearing this dress last Saturday- when we still had sun for some hours - and it is lovely. Regarding the double date, I am sorry to hear you did not have fun. I guess men assume all the girls are going to be instant best friends just because, well, they're girls. Silly, right? You should explain to him that, when in similar situations, he should check on you once in a while. It is great he is having a wonderful time with his mate, but that does not mean you're also having the time of your life :-(
what a great deal on that dress! i decided i'm going to be better about waiting for things to go on sale, esp since jcrew stuff goes on sale all the time! i just have to be patient and more persistant hehe.
i hear you on the double date thing, i've been on my fair share of awkward ones before we realized that we are just not into them bc they make things more awkward (depending on the couple!)
What an awesome deal on that dress - I almost want to go return mine and re-buy it for cheaper!
Excellent buy. I am thinking about seeing if I can get a price adjustment or doing a purchase and return. For $20, it would be worth it!!
Great score!
I'm so jealous! I was thisclose to buying that dress in that color - but I decided to be practical and buy work clothes instead.
Congrats!
Just a word of warning: I found this dress to be on the longish side; I'm 5'3" and it went down way to my calves!
Post a Comment