Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hello out there! :)

Well hello there fellow bloggers! You're probably wondering "Where the HECK has Ashley been?!" If not, it's okay... I'll pretend that ya'll do anyway. I'm fine, btw. Enjoying the New Year and all it has to offer. I'm currently still on Winter vacation here in lovely California. I can't believe they call 78 degrees winter weather! I'm loving it! Anywho, I really haven't left the house much since I have no car here and everyone in my household works... so I really don't have much shopping to report about. (In other words: I've been staying home everyday being a couch potato.) I also came to the realization that I spent a butt load of money on Christmas gifts and gifts to myself that I suppose my wallet needs a rest! So I guess I'll go on ahead and join the shopping ban!!!

But before that took effect, I decided to take many of your suggestions and went ahead and bought the Safari Jacket! I had it shipped to my apt in the East so that I wouldn't get charged Cali's INSANE tax! So at the moment, it's just sitting happily at my apartment. I can't wait till Spring time comes around because I've already put so many outfits together in my head! A piece like that definitely pays for itself! :)

So what have I been doing? Reading!
Sounds silly, but I forgot how much I LOVE READING! I love reading girly fiction books that usually follow the same plot of how something major happens in the life of the main character and somehow along the way, they end up finding love. AHH i love it! There's just something fun about escaping into another world, into someone's life, and feeling the joys and pains of their story. I'm the person that ends up laughing or crying when reading! When I get into a book, I SERIOUSLY get in!

The 2 books that I finished reading and TOTALLY recommend are:
Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin
and

Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella

Trust me! You will not be let down! Both of them are fun page turners! I found myself laying in bed just reading and reading away!

Have any of you read the books? OMG let me know!!!

I hope you are all enjoying your new year! I know I am! :)
Take Care & Have a Great Weekend!