Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I went shopping!

My mom took Monday off so that we could have another fun shopping outing. This time we ventured off to Costa Mesa, California to stroll around South Coast Plaza. That mall is super nice! It has all of those high end stores that I can only wish to afford. But it sure was fun to window shop! I went into JCrew (of course!) and even though that store is HUGE, I was super UNDER-whelmed! Their sales section went from wall to wall but I really didn't see anything i needed to have. For the most part I was pretty bored with all of the summer stuff and I guess I'm just waiting for fall to come around!

I then went into "Zara" and found my own cute petite version of a "Poplin Cargo Jacket."



I got this Jacket for $24.99 so it still kept within my $30/per piece max rule. It doesn't have a hood but still manages to give off the boyish jacket look without being oversized or too masculine. You know that feeling when you see something that you just LOVE on the hanger and just HAVE to try it on then and there without going to the fitting room... I did that with this jacket and seriously fell in love with it. The army green color is perfect for fall and I can't wait to re-create this look:



My last set of purchases came from Banana Republic. Let me just say that they were practically giving their clothes away. Stuff was seriously marked down even without an additional percent off sale. (I must have missed that this weekend.) But anyway, I ended up walking away with 6 pieces:
3 long sleeve v-neck sweaters (12.99 each) one Orange, one Black, and one White. They're quite comparable to JCrew's Cotton V Neck Sweater but with a slightly deeper V. I also bought a fun blouse for 13.99, a Suit Coat/Jacket Piece for 17.99, and a Tie Wrap Sweatshirt/Jacket for 18.99 that has the same material as the Rumpled Terry Cardigan. And the best part?! I spent LESS than $100! Woop woop! :)
(Sorry I didn't take pics.)

So all in all, my shopping day was a success! I love shopping during sales! It just feels so good when you pay less than full price! :)

So did any of you take part in any 4th of July sales?! If so, what did you score? Are you taking part in JCrew's 20% off sale???

Happy Shopping!

4 comments:

Summerilla said...

You definitely found some good deals! I might have to go check out Banana myself soon.

GingerSnap said...

I am trying my hardest to resist the 20% sale right now at J.Crew, but I definitely did some damage at my mall this week!

Unknown said...

I got 2 of those v sweaters. Great bargains! I love your Zara jacket.

Tippy said...

I love Zara! You got such great deals what an awesome shopping day :)