Look how H-U-G-E they are!!!

This is Los Angeles Good Day LA anchor Dorothy Lucey. And yes, she wore them to work. I guess these are "IN" style but personally, they look like they are heavy and just like "BAM" in your face! What do you think??? Would you wear these?
Btw, have you guys noticed lately how "stylish" and less "business-attire-y" News Reporters, ahem! I mean Broadcast Journalists have gotten?! I'm surprised! They're getting more and more casual everyday!
17 comments:
Those earrings look like they would hurt! How much must they be dragging down her earlobes!? Plus they just look a little silly :)
I've got similar ones from Amrita Singh, but way smaller than those! Yeah, they look like they can hurt. :( Is it me or are they almost as big as her face? Each?!?
OMG this is such a pet peeve of mine-- lady reporters/talking heads dressing all inappropriately, but the guys are still in suits and ties! What the hell... if the guys have to wear a suit, you can't be wearing a silky halter with a plunging neckline, mini skirt with no tights, and earrings past your shoulders! Oh but they're on tv so it's ok for them to look slutty and unprofessional. ugggh.
my mom once knew a woman who wore earrings like that every day. her ear piercings eventually stretched so much that they broke through the bottom of her earlobes, and she just had these giant slits in her ears! gross! i've been haunted by that image ever since...
i don't get the look at all and think it distracts from the overall point of the newscast.
I am not a big fan of super huge earrings either. I think they would hurt, and stretch out your ear holes over time too. :(
As a fellow dog lover I wanted to let you know about a giveaway taking place on my blog right now for beautifully decorated PUPCAKES! http://www.thewetnose.blogspot.com/
I think the earrings are beautiful, but not appropriate for the workplace - for a bride in an indian wedding perhaps? That looks an occupational hazard, hope she's getting more money to compensate for future droopy earlobes.
LOL! very distracting
Oh My those things are freakin' HUGE! I can't imagine why they aren't ripping right out of her ears!
wow i could never wear earrings like that! i'd be too afraid my ear would fall off or something!
WOWOWOWOOWOWOOW THOSE ARE ENORMOUS! Like planets orbiting the sun! That is just wrong
Ouch. To the ears and eyes. Those are ridiculous.
haha I watch fox news all the time. Jillian dresses pretty ridiculously too.
It is LA after all.
Jenn- ITA! They look so heavy! Her co-workers are probably thinking stuff in their head but aren't telling her because they feel bad!
Drewablank- Oh lucky you! Amrita Singh has some BEAUTIFUL jewelry! But these are def like 10x bigger than the ones you have! And lol they ARE almost as big as her face! haha
Tasty- ITA!! Its like their dress codes have gone down hill!!! I think they could step it up a notch! When you see a news reporter wearing leopard print, something is def wrong! Me and you are on the same page!!
Appgal- AHHH! That image will now haunt me! That is super gross and ahhh! I agree, these earrings are just waaaay too distracting!
Miss Muddy- Hi there! Thanks for stopping by! Im sure her ear holes are hurting and huge by now. I'll be sure to stop by your blog! :)
Margo- LOL you are always too funny! Droopy earlobes!!!!!
Krista- TOOOOTALLY distracting!
Summer- She must have some strong/tough earlobes!!!
Tippy- LOL your whole ear would fall off. lol I think i'll keep my ears for now.
Bekah- lol thats too funny!
Chanel- its funny how they even consider themselves a news cast. they're super informal. ITA about jillian she wears such heavy makeup too! its like shes going clubbin'!
workaholic- LOL! it sure is LA! haha i guess they're trying to be very hollywood!
You need a long neck to get away with that style earring along with a shorter hair style. Those big old dangling door knockers would need a very simple outfit to match.
I know someone that had surgery to correct the split earlobe.
Most people all over the world have different personal style so unless you live under a rock or a very small town will someone elses personal style be totally reflective of a certain city.
I do not like her earring choice but I am sure others have thought the same about some of my fashion choices.
GAWD AWFUL
the women on the morning edition of CNN are a bit out there too
Post a Comment