First off we visited the Grammy Museum at Nokia Live.

It's brand spankin' new so we wanted to check it out. We really went there to see what they had about Michael Jackson and sadly they made it out to be more exciting than it really was. They have a few cool exhibits which include authentic pieces of paper where songs were written (I saw where Neil Diamond wrote "America" lol if you know that song), I saw that infamous J-Lo dress where she kinda bares it all (a body suit is actually sewn in so it's not like she was completely naked), and I saw a couple of Michael Jackson's beaded Jackets and gloves. The museum is pretty small so thank goodness i only paid $8 to see the thing and free parking. Had it been more, it would be a ripoff!
We then went shopping and I picked up:
This Frenchi Scarf for $10 from Nordstrom

I can see myself pairing it with tons of fall outfits to give it a little umph! :)
And these two things from JCrew:
Sunblocks Print Shorts
Limoncello Mini
The sale section at the Grove was pretty picked over so there wasn't much to get. Better for my wallet i suppose!
We then went home and watched Changeling.

Anyone seen it??? Ahhh I seriously had nightmares Saturday night! It's a very sad story about a boy who goes missing and LA police department returns the wrong boy to the mother. The creepy part is that it is a TRUE story and the town "Wine Country" now known as Mira Loma, CA is the next town over from my hometown! AHH. Creepy. If you haven't watched it just get ready for some disturbing and incredibly FRUSTRATING stuff. Surprisingly Angelina Jolie was really good in the movie and I'm not really a fan of hers.
---
And then on Sunday we went to the Dodgers Game vs. the Houston Astros.
I had a great time despite the 100 degree weather! After the 2nd Inning my sister and I had to hop to some unclaimed seats in the shade so that we wouldn't get all sunburned. We didn't get to see Manny hit any homers but all in all it was a fun environment with fun people! Plus games are always better when your team wins! :)
I hope you all had a great weekend! Make sure you set your alarm clocks early tomorrow for a sale re-stock update so that you can take advantage of the new 20% off promo!!! Have a great week!
5 comments:
You & your sis are cute. I didn't know about that museum. Thanks for sharing. And I never, EVER would have watched Changeling so thanks for the review. I might NetFlix it.
im loving that purse ur holding at the dodger game
sounds like you had a great weekend. you scored some great pieces at jcrew and nordies. way to go. i wanted to see changling,but since you said it gave you nightmares...i'll pass. i hear enough things that go bump in the night lol
how fun! I was at the Dodgers game on Friday night! And to answer your question about the j.crew ruffle tank, I didn't actually find those in stores. I called a few and no one had them, so I bit the bullet and ordered them online.
Ooooh, Changeling, I was too freaked out to see that :) You're a brave one!
Glad you had such a great weekend!
Post a Comment