Monday, August 24, 2009

Have you ever emailed Erica?

So the other day I received my spontaneous eBay purchase:

The LOVELY Shimmering Stone Necklace (Mine is actually the clear one, not the Orchid color)

I never really planned on buying it, but on a limb I decided to bid on it because I'd be happy if I won or loss. The funny thing is that I actually ended up winning. Anyway, I finally got the necklace and its pretty cute IRL. I'm not super in LOVE with it but I guess it'll grow on me. The truth is, I really don't know what to wear it with. It's kind of bling-blingy so... unless I'm dressing kinda fancy, I really don't know when or how to wear it.

So what did I do? I emailed ERICA. You know, this Erica:

Not sure about size? Need help putting it all together? Email Erica, our personal shopping expert, at erica@jcrew.com

Well, fastforward to a day later and I got this email:

Hi Ashley ,

The Shimmering Stone Necklace is a gorgeous dainty necklace that was inspired by the fall collection. The crystal and gold look is definitely big for this season.

This necklace can definitely be paired with a Perfect Fit Tee and cardigan. Your color options are open since you have the clear color. It will pick up colors beautifully. It also lays pretty against textured shirts and tops such as our Silk Frances Cami or our Silk Lumiere Cami which has been on our best sellers list. Since layering and texture is the now, I think putting it against a scarf is an excellent idea.

JCrew.com


As far as layering different necklaces, you can pair it with other crystal necklaces with color such as our Crystal Symphony Necklace or our Tiered Crystal Liberetto Necklace. You can also pair it with a statement piece such as our Antique Gold Manor Necklace. Remember you can also double it up and wear it shorter.

JCrew.com JCrew.com JCrew.com

I hope these suggestions are helpful. If you have anymore questions or concerns, please feel free to email or phone me at the address below.

Sooo.. what did you think of the advice? Imo, it was rather helpful. What I loved the most was how she emailed photos of the tops and necklaces that she was referring to. In the future, I think I might actually ask "Erica" for advice again. It doesn't hurt!

Do you have any advice for me on what to wear with this necklace? How would you style it? Do you think you'll ever email "Erica?" Let me know!