Sunday, August 23, 2009

OOTD and things I'm gonna pull the trigger on...

Here is what I wore the other day.


JCrew Rolling Ruffle Top XS
JCrew Crystal Flower Necklace
Old Navy "Diva" Skinny Jeans
Joe's Jeans Mustard Hobo
JCrew Metallic Gold Flats

Jeans on a 95 degree day?! Yeah, that's what I said too. I'm such a fool for leaving ALL of my shorts back in California. I had no idea that it was going to be ridiculously hot here on the East Coast! So to avoid my luggage being over 50 pounds, I took all of my summer clothes out and left them at home!!! Now I'm here in Massachusetts stuck with jeans, sweaters, a ton of tops, 2 summer dresses, and ummm1 pair of shorts. Sadd!!! Only 1 pair of shorts!!! Hopefully it starts to cool down a bit because I can't be wearing these same outfits. Maybe my mom will mail me a few of my summer outfits. But we'll see.

I've been scoping out my closet and playing with polyvore a lot this weekend and I've come to the conclusion that I don't really need to buy the Camino Coat, expensive cords, or any fancy cashmere sweaters quite yet. As BEAUTIFUL as those pieces are, the prices are pretty high and I should at least wait a while for a couple of markdowns. (Or at least a sale or something...)

I paid a visit to F21 and I was pleasantly surprised! They have a ton of cute stuff that can really perk up anyone's wardrobe. I picked up some leggings for $4.50, skinny gray jeans for $14, a purple scarf for $5.50, and a cute ring for $5! I'm definitely going back for other things but I think I'm good for now. I'm really surprised at the kind of stuff F21 has now! They make shopping on a budget really possible!

As for JCrew, I've definitely decided to pull the trigger on a few things:

Horseshoe Charm Necklace
Most of my JCrew necklaces look a tad fancy so I feel like this would be a nice "normal" everyday looking necklace. I know I'd get a lot of use out of this.

Wool Herringbone Bucket Hat

I've read some great reviews on this hat and it really won me over. It would be great for those cold and rainy days. I never was a hat kind of girl until last year and I realized that you HAVE to wear a hat in order to keep warm. This one is pretty fairly priced and super cute!

Slub Cotton Embroidered Flowers Tee

This tee is absolutely gorgeous. I never really paid much attention to it until I read reviews and saw some polyvores. It a pretty looking tee and would look good on its own as well as under cardigans!
What do you think? Should I get these items? Do you have them? Let me know!
------
UPDATE: I just pulled the trigger! I also bought the Featherweight Cashmere Vneck Sweater in Spicy Guava.


I've been needing a lighter shade of pink in my wardrobe. It'll go great with gray tones.

Here's my Polyvore:

I'm happy! I'm done shopping for now.
What do you think? Do you have any of these items? Let me know!

Happy Shopping ladies! :)