Monday, August 10, 2009

Leeeaving on a jet plane....

Well Hello Hello Hello! Sorry I've been away fooorrrrevvvver but I've been super busy! (Well not really..) I spent a whole week visiting the bf in Norcal aka Northern California (oooh I loovve norcal!) and then i hopped on over to Vegas to spend my last weekend with the fam! It was quite an interesting weekend. Surprisingly not that much shopping! But all I can say is never stay at the Hard Rock Cafe Hotel unless you intend on sharing the company of a ton of drunken 20 somethings that still think they're in college and don't mind random pole dancers next to the poker tables. YEAH THAT WAS WEIRD! You should have seen the look on my mom's face. It was so priceless! I don't think I've ever seen her so disturbed in my life! I for sure was! It was really tacky and trashy IMO. The funny thing was that the rooms were extremely nice! We even got comped a suite since our room took forever to be ready. I highly recommend you NOT go there! The service and guests are just not up to par. (IMO) But I did walk right next to Carey Hart lol if that matters. (He's Pink's (the singer) ex husband.

So anyway, It's finally time for me to fly my happy self back over to Massachusetts and sadly I'm getting all emotional! :'(
I've spent the past couple of months being a bum aka housekeeper and dogsitter just helping my mom around the house and now it's time to get back to the real world. The saddest part for me is leaving my mom behind because I've grown super attached to her again! We're seriously like bff and I'm definitely my mother's daughter. It's funny, sometimes we'll walk out of our rooms wearing the same color scheme without any prior notice! We just have some weird connection. I'm just hoping that I don't burst into tears when she takes me to the airport tomorrow morning. Not only will I probably not stop crying if I start but I'll definitely ruin my makeup. (And I can't be having any of that messed up makeup look for over 8 hours..) I'll just have to think happy thoughts!

I've been packing all morning and to make things harder, I've bought a ton of clothes and shoes that now my suitcase is already nearing 50 pounds eeeek! I haven't even packed my toiletries! So now I have to leave some things behind :( It's gonna be tough!

Sorry for no pictures today but some good news is that I finally found a few things to giveaway when I get back into town. So stay posted! I'll start my giveaways (yes, plural) on Thursday so check back! :)

Have a grrrrreeeat week!

Ooh and thanks jcbellemarie and sparklecupcake for giving me the You're a Gem award! You both are gems to me!!! I'll get to posting it soon! :)

7 comments:

Summerilla said...

Glad to see you back in blogland. I hope you have a safe flight to Mass tomorrow and I'm looking forward to giveaways!!

krista.alana said...

I feel like Vegas in general is trashy... but that's the fun LOL, I never been there but I can imagine. I stayed at the Hard Rock in Chicago and it was really sleek and chic.

Tippy said...

ashley i've been wondering where you've been! hehe. good luck packing and have a safe flight back! :)

Patina said...

ashley, you have been missed...no, vegas isn't trashy at all IMO. I have been there 5 times and can't get enought of it...mainly the shopping and shows lol. Love it, have a safe trip. BTW, when you have time, I left you a blog award on my post from 8/8.

HeidiG said...

so happy to hear from you!!! Sorry that you have to leave your mom - I can't imagine being across the country from mine - but treasure the time you had this summer of 24/7 mom-itude! Have a safe and not-too-teary trip back!

JTS said...

Woo hoo! Let me know when you're back so we can get together!! My boyfriend goes hiking like every weekend now, so I have plenty of free time, haha :)

Julia said...

Wow you're back!! :)

I have never been to Vegas, and I really doubt I'll ever go...I would be waaaay freaked out by random pole dancers, and plus the idea of gambling is kind of depressing to me! I'm super sensitive to trashiness, so I'll take your word for it!

I'm sorry that you are having a hard time leaving your mom, it is really hard to live so far from your family! I lived in NC while my parents lived in Chicago for 2 years and it was tough.

Looking forward to seeing your giveaways!!