Sunday, May 24, 2009

Jon & Kate plus 8: Who watches and what do you think?!

So I've been a huge fan of this show for quite sometime and this weekend TLC had a huge marathon leading up to the season premiere on Monday night.



Anywho, there has been a TON of controversy around Jon sneaking around and "cheating." If you have been to the grocery lately, ALLLL the tabloids have been focused on this ordeal.

I'm not sure if any of you watch the show but for the most part it's oooookay. The kids are cute and it's fun to take a look into their lives. 8 kids is like WOW. But also, if you DO watch the show you've seen just how MEAN Kate is. She constantly bashes Jon and is pretty rude IMO.

What is you opinion on the situation?! Jon supposedly got caught with a 23 year old while Kate was out of town and supposedly they have an "it's okay to cheat" agreement. Do any of you believe what's in the magazines?

I just finished reading US Magazine's article on Kate and it really paints her to be a huge monster. (Doing the show just for the money, firing staff for petty reasons, threatening neighbors...) Personally, I wouldn't doubt it. Sorry that link was just a snippet. There are even NEW rumors that she is "seeing" her bodyguard.

I seriously would love to hear what you all think of the show and Kate. IMO, I feel like Jon is just staying with her for the kids. Is it wrong to get a divorce when you have 8 kids even when things just aren't working out and you don't want to be together anymore? I'm not married and don't have kids so I don't actually know what it's like to be in those shoes. None of my friends watch this show so they don't get what I'm talking about. But if you do watch, let me know what you think!

UPDATE: Thanks to TM here's a link that totally discusses everything Gosselin related:
gosselinswithoutpity.blogspot.com/
It's a very interesting blog IMO. Check it out!

10 comments:

-Lindsey- said...

Hello! Don't know if I've commented on your blog yet, but I'm a follower and I think you have a really fun blog! I even am blaming you for my new adoration of JCrew necklaces... (See here: http://knowwhoyouareanddoitonpurpose.blogspot.com/2009/05/jcrew-necklaces-vs-maxi-dress.html and here: http://knowwhoyouareanddoitonpurpose.blogspot.com/2009/05/darn-it.html ) :)

Anyway, I too have been wondering over the Jon & Kate drama. I don't watch it all the time, but occasionally I will (until my blood pressure gets too high from all the kids... ah!) I can't even imagine having so many kids. I mean, what do "normal" people who find out they're pregnant with sextuplets do?! How are you going to support those kids... just count on donations? Try to get a show? How did they honestly think they could survive when they first got pregnant and decided to have all 6?!

As far as their personal relationship... I have noticed that whenever they do the interviews on the show and they're on that little couch, they are as far apart as that little couch allows. Kate especially looks uncomfortable and wedged to the side.

Then there's the subject of her being mean and poor-Jon, etc.... but honestly. How would you manage all those kids? You would HAVE to be like that to a certain extent, just to keep everyone safe and together.

I don't know how they manage to have a personal relationship between the two of them. I mean, how would they have any time to focus on each other? I don't see how a real, intimate relationship could ever survive that many kids.

Do they have a nanny these days? (Since they are rich now)

Fun post!

Summerilla said...

I watch the show - mainly because I think the kids are adorable and say the funniest stuff. It's just one of those fun shows to watch when nothing else is on.

I do agree that Kate is quite mean and can be snippy and rude to Jon but if he really is cheating I don't agree with those actions. I don't believe thats how you solve a failing marriage. But you can't always believe what you read in the papers and famous people have been known to create fake controversies just for publicity and ratings. It's so hard to tell what is really going on.

I have 2 theories 1- the controversy one or 2 - Jon got so fed up with the lying and "open marriage" that he purposely got caught thinking Kate would be embarrassed and stop the show or they would cancel it because it really doesn't seem like he is enjoying being a part of the show.

Blah. Ok. I just think the important thing for them and everyone else to remember is that there are 8 kids to think about. 8 kids who will once be old enough to read the tabloids and know completely what is going on.

Anonymous said...

gosselinswithoutpity.blogspot.com/

ashley said...

Lindsey- thanks for stopping by! you're always welcome here! i love your blog you're so funny! i think we all here from the jca site are enablers to buy more great stuff!

Summer- i know what you mean! i wonder how the kids are taking it all or if they even know what is going on?

TM- THANKS for linking me to that site! i had no idea it existed! its great that they link to the magazine articles because i never buy the magazines b/c they're kind of a $$$ (esp. for reading them once..) but wow, i can seriously keep myself busy reading all of those comments on that site! it's so busy! thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Waste of time show....she and her hubby chose to have this many kids. They get what they both deserve. Not interested.

Milly said...

i love the show mainly because the kids are adorable!
I do agree Kate can be mean at times to Jon.

just saw the season premier and feel so sad what's going on between them.

wish they can work things out

toast said...

My old summer roomie got me watching the show. I always thought Kate was a bit neurotic and overbearing, but I always just chalked it up to the fact that she's raising 8 KIDS. I mean, that's a lot of children! And they're all sooo young! Yikes!

While I don't condone cheating, Kate isn't without blame. She's been talking to seemingly every magazine that contacts her about how devastated she is, and how she just wants her kids to remain out of it. Maybe I'm just a horrible, cynical person, but wouldn't the best way to keep the kids out of that whole mess be to NOT talk to every single press outlet?

tm said...

I used to occasionally watch it a couple seasons ago, but refuse to now. I feel that the children are being exploited by their parents for money. Plus, the show is sooo boring. They are either going on some trip paid for by a sponsor or 'donor,' or Kate is yelling at the kids to keep their clothes clean. Kate is insane and I don't blame Jon for cheating, if he actually has... supposedly she has too. Whatev. TLC doesn't care about the well-being of these children, it's all about ratings and ad revenue.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you liked that site. I was so afraid to offend one of my fav bloggers :D
Many of us have invested 4 years in fighting this exploitation case.
We initially were at TVwithoutpity but someone (kates lawyers?) closed us down.
Now we are mostly doing our work at GWOP, the site I listed or Musings at the Moon site.
If you really want to dig, start way way back with the locals. Check out the Reading Eagle their local paper. Read Topix for their area.
If you want to really really read there are even public records that you can skim.

This situation is so much bigger and worse than people see.
Did you know Radar has videos of Kates family talking about VERY SERIOUS issues that are happening? Abuse type things.
Did you know Jodi sis has a blog?
Its called Truth Shall Set You Free.
Heck even Gloria Alred is starting to be involved.

Did you know that Kate withheld $ from Jon all this time?
He had to cash out an old 401K just to have $ to survive.
I am not making this up.

Ok I am rambling but I hope people will take the time to research then decide for themselves. :)

Anonymous said...

http://truthbreedshatred.blogspot.com/ Jodi sisters blog
http://www.musingsfromthemoon.com/
gosselinswithoutpity.blogspot.com/
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/wernersville-pa/TOP45U6F50UULN3H7/p44#lastPost
http://readingeagle.com/ (though you may have to rely on Google and advocacy sites to get the old articles from them)
http://www.radaronline.com/videos#/24259375001 (there are several videos by Kates brother so checke them out.
Did you know Deanna Hummel Jons girlfriend, her brother snealed and vidoes Jon.