Friday, May 1, 2009

OOTD, Rosette tee update, and a few newbies.

This is what I wore today.


I was inspired by this JCrew "fall preview" look.



I couldn't wear khaki's since it was all rainy outside. (Didn't want them to get all dirty.) And I wasn't about to sport some diagonal chains so I just wore a simple necklace. If you look close enough you can see that I'm wearing the Serengeti belt.

I'm wearing:
Stripe Shirt from JCrew outlet. (Looks INCREDIBLY similar to the one on the mannequin)
Express Skinny jeans
JCrew Pillow Necklace
Stussy Scarf
JCrew Patent Serengeti Belt

The look is pretty busy (Stripes with print) but it was a lot of fun to recreate.

--------
Now on to my Rosette tee...
My PS emailed me this afternoon and expressed his sincerest apologies about the hole. He notified the store about what they did and went on ahead to order me another shirt. This time around he made sure to speak directly to a manager and MAKE SURE that my shirt was hole-free! He PROMISED me that this one is "PERFECT" and is already on it's way back to me.

So the funny thing about this top was that my PS had originally told me it was $29.99 (since the shell and natural were online) and allowed my red card to be used on it as well. But as it turns out, the Tee is actually $48 so with the 25% off i paid $36. But since my PS is such a SUPER nice guy, he's only charging me $29.99, 25% off that, AND free shipping.

This guy totally makes my day.
--------

And finally onto my new acquisitions.

Since today is OFFICIALLY the 1st day of my shopping ban, I made sure NOT to be awake for the website update. I slept in until 10ish and even made breakfast for me and my sweetie. It actually felt good just laying around and not hovering around my computer waiting for the update. So yay me!

I paid JCrew a visit this evening to return my sorbet sweater and the rosette tee and guess what, I DIDN'T BUY ANYTHING! WOOP WOOP! I seriously patted myself on the back as I left the store. God knows what I would have bought with that gift card!!!

I figure I'll just save it for the end of the month.

Anywho, I went to Express to use my Express cash and even though I reeeeally didn't need anything, I managed to pick up a couple basic tee's and a cool belt. It was a steal so no biggie. This was the one exception for my shopping ban so from now you won't see me buying anything else. I PROMISE!

Here's an outfit I put together with my new tee and belt. I'm also wearing my Keylime Portland and my Seaside shorts w/o the tie belt.



It's a fun, cute and summer ready outfit IMO.

I'm staying strong! No more shopping! As I was folding my clothes I finally realized that I have a ton of clothes!!! One month of NOT shopping won't kill me.

Have a great weekend! :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your personal shopper is great! I've emailed two and neither of them were that friendly or thoughtful. It would be so great to have a personal shopper like him who really meets your needs.

HeidiG said...

So glad to hear you are getting the new rosette. And major score on the price!

Also have to say I love love love the striped tee - I need a new long sleeve striped one. Cute buys at Express, too! Sounds like a really great day!!

Petunia said...

Wow--your striped top looks EXACTLY like the J Crew Fall preview one! Love it! And you are so lucky to be getting that rosette tee for a steal!

dinagideon said...

Well, yay! You did great today...that is awesome that you didn't get anything at J. Crew.

Also, LOVE the outfit with the belt...so fun and sunny. You rock!

:) Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love the blue and white striped tee. Have you tried your belts under your breast?

ashley said...

Char- I commented on your blog :)

Heidi- It was such a nice day! I should really stop shopping so i have more fun days like today! :)

Petunia- I know huh! That shirt looks sooo similar. I got it from the outlet for around $10 or so bucks! I purposely bought it to recreate the look. But I'm happy with the way it turned out!

Dina- I'm hoping that the rest of this shopping ban will be as easy as today was. Thanks! I'm experimenting with belts and so I need just a little bit more practice to get it right!

Anon- Thanks! I had a black belt before that didn't have holes so you could just tighten it and that one I wore right below my boobs. Sounds funny. But unfortunately this white belt didn't have a tight enough hold to wear it higher, I might try to find a smaller size or make a hole on my own.. if thats possible. But yes I definitely will try wearing it higher up. :)

DaniMarie said...

Wow, your PS sounds great. I've email a few different ones, and they were extremely unhelpful.

JustVisiting said...

I love the navy and white stripe top. Is it a recent purchase? I'd love to get one!

Cute outfits! :)

ashley said...

D- sorry to hear that! It's always hit and miss with JCrew!

IRL- I bought the striped tee during the end of March at the JCrew Cabazon outlet. They might still have some floating around there and at other locations but since I found it in clearance I can't say for sure. Best bet is to go to the outlet or even a TJMaxx or something to find a similar top! HTH! :)

KatyO. said...

Stay strong, lady! :)

Thanks again for setting me up with your PS. He was totally amazing and I am so excited to get my bathing suit this week!

Love the striped shirt outfit, by the way. :) I bet you got tons of compliments.

Summerilla said...

Love your outfits you have created. I saw the fall preview and I'm so excited!! I can't wait until it's time for these to be in stores (I can wait on cold weather again though).

Can I just say how completely jealous I am that your personal shopper is that AWESOME! Lucky Lucky!