Thursday, May 21, 2009

New Arrivals!! Gimme gimme gimme!

Oooh I'm loving a few things from the new summer arrivals. These are my picks even though they are kiiiinda expensive. A girl can dream right?!

Desert-sky cotton petal cami

$88.00 item 15657
This is by far my FAVORITE! Even at $88 I think that I might just have to run out and buy it as soon as my shopping ban is over. The print is bright and fun just like me. The ruffles in the front are cute and I'm especially loving the cut of this top because I love to show of my shoulders!

Ruffled-hem dress
$78.00 item 15341
This dress is super gorgeous! I love the look on the model. Since I'm just a tad short I wonder if this dress will end up being toooo long on me. It's so pretty though! Oh and whatever those sandals are that she's wearing... I MUST have those too! :)

Ikat short
$58.00 item 14868


I'm not sure why the model looks so sad. If it were me in that outfit I'd be smiling from ear to ear! I loooove their printed shorts because they're always so fun and different. At $58? I don't think I'll be getting them anytime soon. I also really like that pink belt. I totally need one of those.


Have you checked out the new arrivals? Anything you're loving? What do you think of the items I chose? Cute? Not cute? Let me know! :)

10 comments:

tm said...

I am pretty meh about the current rollout... but I do like the print of that first tank (it comes in a mini, too, right?). I think I am more 'meh' about summer clothes in general, though-- I am a fall/winter jcrew girl. :)

Despite what I said on JCA, if the cotton shirtdress went on 30% off or more sale, I'd possibly consider trying it out. I wasn't impressed when I saw it in person, but maaaybe it could work with the right accessories-- definitely a belt b/c I don't like drawstring waists! :)

Cate said...

I'm in love with the dress and the shirt... I think the dress might be too long for me though :(

Drewablank said...

I am likin' the new rollout. :) I have fallen in love with the origami flower tank, but with the $148 price tag, I'll have to admire it from afar. Unless...some windfall comes my way...

It's funny you say that about the desert-sky cami (i.e. $88 price tag). I'm totally liking the "lowered" (I know, it's relative) price points of a lot of J.Crew pieces. But that said, it doesn't help my shopper's remorse. :p LOL!

p.s. - Can I say that I can't stand all the poutiness of that one model on the site? Impersonating Keira Knightley much? Hehe.

HeidiG said...

"I'm not sure why the model looks so sad" - I'll be giggling about that line for the rest of the afternoon. I have looked through the new arrivals in store and on line a bit. A few things I like, but I'm still pondering.

Anonymous said...

I haven't looked at the new arrivals yet but I love that cami and dress. The model really does look upset! LOL

ashley said...

tasty- im surprised that i only really like 3 items. im usually pretty obsessed with new arrivals. but im sooo like you in that i love love the fall winter stuff more! :)

cate- i wish their dresses came with different length options. i can't wait to see these items irl!

drewablank- oooh that tank is cute too! but i agree.. $148!!! Thats like a FANCY dinner out!!! we'll definitely be waiting for some markdowns! and yeah, what's with all the model pouting?! it's okay the first time around but does it hurt to get some smiles?! hehe

heidi- i agree, im still in the pondering mode. this will take some major thinking!

stephanie- lol lots of stuff looks cute but those prices aren't very friendly! the model reminds me of a kid that has to do a chore or something. :)

Summerilla said...

I love the desert - sky cotton petal cami as well. I am definitely thinking about purchasing this one!

I also love the Ikat pattern, I'm thinking about getting the halter dress and the monterey skirt in that pattern.

Anonymous said...

The sandals look like the Carina metallic t-strap flats $88). They are super cute IRL.

KatyO. said...

I am with tastymoog on this one--the only pieces that I like are so ridiculously overpriced that I actually wanted to punch my computer screen (Oragami Tank!). There's one dress I like, but for $78, I could find several cute dresses at Target, TJ Maxx, or Kohl's. I think this shopping ban has made me take a step back from the Crew and think, "Seriously? Are you seriously being serious?!"

ashley said...

summer- you'll probably get that top before i do so make sure you do a review for it!!! :)

anon- thanks for naming the sandals. they're sooo cute! i wish they were cheaper!

katy- i couldnt stop laughing when i read what you wrote. "seriously?!" but i soooo agree, not shopping has really opened my eyes to see just how much $$$ i did spend. and without a second though too. i just pulled the trigger but wow, i spent A LOT of money!