Monday, May 25, 2009

Jumpsuits anyone?

Somehow in the blink of an eye jumpsuits have come into "style." When I walked through Express the other day, the salesperson was trying their best to SELL me one. I just stared at it and didn't get it. Sure they are easy to pack on a summer getaway but I'm still on the fence about them.




One thing for sure is that they've gotta be a hassle when you try to go to the bathroom. The Express ones are made of some lightweight soft cotton and are very nicely priced. It just seems like the crotch of the jumpsuit just hangs there. What do you think? Maybe only certain body types can wear it? Or is this one purposely "slouchy?"

14 comments:

Patina said...

hahaha, i remember how much of a pain it was going to the bathroom with a jumpsuit on. i was ok with it until i had to use a public restroom...trying to keep that thing from touching the floor brings back horrible memories. Nah, don't think i would do the jumpsuit thing again.

AppGal said...

no way! these scream "TREND!" They will be gone in the fashion equivalent of a second. There are probably some who can pull this off, but I am NOT one of them!

KatyO. said...

The bathroom thing is definitely a significant drawback, as is the fact that they are just ugly. ;)

Joyce said...

I've noticed them in other stores. These are a definite no. They remind me of my kids' rompers.

Anonymous said...

I agree ... a short summer dress with pockets has the same casual effect and is a lot cuter/more flattering. Old Navy has some cute ones ...

KDot said...

Jumpsuits = uuuggghhh

krista.alana said...

I like the blue option, but im not a fan of jumpsuits

Summerilla said...

NO NO NO! I don't like them. Maybe they would look cute on little kids... I actually think my parents put me in some about 20 years ago.

HeidiG said...

I am so not a fan of this look. The bathroom thing just totally kills it for me. that and the fact that it would look like I borrowed E's baby clothes!

toast said...

Maybe jumpsuits look good on some fraction of the population that I am definitely not in. :) I wonder if there's a trick to using the bathroom in a jumpsuit?

Jumpsuits are like really inconvenient overalls.

Anonymous said...

I love jumpsuits. I am tall and really enjoy the ease of dressing. Put on, accesorize and Go! I have already purchased two...and I am in my 30's. I never had any bathroom issues either. People can make a mountain out of a mole hill IMO!

tm said...

hmm... I've seen some girls wearing these in my neighborhood and also near my office, and I dunno, if you have the right body it can work... but you have to accessorize so as to not look like a kid! A chunky belt, funky heels or strappy sandals makes it a little edgier and modern. If you just did flats or sneakers, it would look a little too sweet/childish.

Milly said...

not for me!...i did wear them as a little girl and remember hating to go to the bathroom lol

Anonymous said...

No! Run away from the jumpsuits!!!