I found this cute top at AE for $18. Pretty cute shirt with soft pastel colors. I'll probably go back and buy it after my shopping ban. AE has a ton of cute stuff on sale at the moment and the prices really aren't too bad.

I walked around JCrew but their sales section was pretty picked over. I managed to walk away happy that I didn't buy a single thing! I just made sure to pick up the June Catalog on the way out.
I'm soooo loving:
Printed Erica dress $275
I love love love how they added the orange belt! So cute! If only I had somewhere to go wearing this dress! And for $275.... kiiiiiinda expensive!

I'm currently searching for a great bathing suit to wear at the beach.
These ones caught my eye:
Solid Petal Bikini $46 (top) $44 (bottom)
I'm loving this coral color and the petals!

Jersey Lomellina ruched tank $115!
I love the look of this one piece suit. But that price is pretty high!

Seersucker Underwire French Top $46 (top) $42 (bottom) Love the (removable) bow
Garden Dress $68

I've never owned a JCrew bathing suit so I'm not sure if it's worth it to spend that much on a bathing suit. How much is a reasonable price for a bathing suit? Do you think the quality of the suits is better at JCrew than at other stores? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
I hope you are all enjoying your long weekend! :)
7 comments:
I'm loving that dress too, and for $68, it's shockingly unlike recent J. Crew prices!
As far as bathing suits, I own two from J. Crew, and they are really lovely. I bought one from the outlet ($10 for each piece towards the end of the summer a couple of years back), and the moonlight garden bikini on sale + 25% off and free shipping. Honestly, I think paying anything over $40 for a bathing suit is insane, given the fact that there's nothing to them. I'd buy one of the on-sale bathing suits. Much more reasonably priced. :) I have one bikini from Abercrombie, and I don't like it that much, and two from Old Navy, which have held up surprisingly well (and again, very reasonably priced). Hope that helps!
I own 2 J. Crew bikinis- I LOVE them both. I would wait to buy it on sale. They are really great quality and have held up well- one is 3 years old and the other I just got in March (on sale for 40 dollars total!) So yes, they are great, but i don't know if they are worth full price. I have one other from target and one from old navy- they are both much flimsier and have faded a bit.
I have quite a few of JCrew's bikinis and even a one piece Florentine with optional halter strap. they are quite nice!
Forever21's bikinis are surprisingly well made too, and regular price is the same as JCrew's on-sale.
I have had a few J.Crew bathing suits and personally I think they hold up better and look new much longer than other brands. The prices might seem high compared to some brands like Old Navy and such but they last a long time and are reasonably prices compared to other brands like vix and such. I bought one this year already but I got it on sale for a total of $40 for both pieces. They usually all go on sale pretty quickly.
I own 11 JCrew bathing suits. I have never paid more than $40 for any of them and most I paid $15-19.99 for. They have great off season sales. I don't own any other brand except Speedo which I wear for lap swimming. I really like my JCrew suits. They do last a long time.
I have the garden dress - it is so cute! Kind of short though, since it's meant to be a cover-up. As for J.Crew bathing suits, I have a ton - two pieces and one pieces, and they are definitely my favorite. I have had some for years. Granted, I don't get a ton of wear around them (boyfriend is not a fan of the beach :( ), but I think they're some of the best I have. I also think VS makes really good bathing suits, and there's are sometimes more reasonably priced.
Thanks for all of you input! I should definitely buy a "sale" one. $40 for a 2 piece sounds pretty good and seems like they are good enough to last long! I'll be on the look out for one that fits my style. Thanks!
Post a Comment