Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hmm... New York & Co. has some CUTE clothes!

So you wanna wear CUTE clothes, and NOT break the bank??? NY&Co. has some really nice finds! I was seriously surprised! Once in a while they have some odd looking items but to tell you the truth some of their spring stuff is kinda cute! I spent alllll day pondering whether or not to take advantage of that secret 20% off sale at JCrew but all of the stuff that I really wanted was not in the final sale section. I just had to pass.

I got an email with a NY&Co. coupon to take $30 off your $75 purchase. Pretty good deal IMO so I decided to take advantage of it!!! Who doesn't want to save $30?!

Well anyway, here are the things I bought:
City Style Metallic Floral V-Neck Tee (Doesn't the rose remind you of the infamous chiffon rose tee?!)
$19.95


City Style Floral Crochet Tank
$19.95


City Style Floral Camo Shorts (Fun shorts, comparable to JCrew ones but much lower in price!)
$24.95


City Style Cork Flip Flops in Gold (I was in the market for some metallic flip flops and finally found some at a nice price!)
$16.95


And you know how much that cost me??? A whoppin' $60 shipped!!! Yeah!! Very happy with my purchases and it's amazing how inexpensive their clothes are! The shipping isn't too bad either!!! Their quality isn't the BEST but it's not tooo bad! I'm really not expecting it to last me forever! I'm just glad that everything is machine wash! At the moment their styles are great and I'm reeeeally loving the prices!

There's also notable items that many of you JCA's may look into since they kinda are JCrew-ish without the price tag:

City Style Mirage Print Pencil Skirt
$34.95
Doesn't it kinda resemble the lattice print skirt??? Sure, they're flowers but you're getting the same look. Totally perfect for Spring!


City Style Safari Jacket
$59.95!!!
A MUCH cheaper yet SUPER stylish version of the travel trench! (I think I might buy this for myself!!!)

It also comes in WHITE!!


Lastly, if you're like me and LOVE jewelry but not that CHUNKY SUPER DUPER EXPENSIVE STUFF, here are some great shoe in's...

Here's JCrew's Botanical Necklace $68
So beautiful but kinda expensive.



And NY&Co's City Style Multi-Bead Illusion Necklace
$16.95
The beads aren't as big but it is still perfect for adding a little something to a plain tee...


And now:
JCrew's Sunray Necklace $150 So flashy and I reeally want this.. but at $150, ahh that's more than my and my bf's cell phone bill!


So here is my substitute: NY&Co's City Style Bead and Metal Illusion Necklace
$19.95
Smaller, less overwhelming yet still super fashionable! AND CHEAP!!!



Don't get me wrong I still LOOOOVE JCrew, it's just that their prices are starting to hurt even when they have their so-called "SALES" going on. BTW, they have a bunch of other great stuff from pants to shorts, to everything in between! Oh, and lots of their jewelry is buy one get one 50% off!

Happy shopping ladies! And let me know what you think!

9 comments:

KatyO. said...

Great finds, Ashley! I'm going to have to swing by there once I'm off my shopping ban. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love this comparison and some of these are just so cute. THanks for the post! I love JCrew too but with these economic times I cannot justify shopping their as much anymore.

Anonymous said...

THERE not their!

krista.alana said...

I've been more open to NY & Co. over the past six months. I got an amaaaaaaaaazing fitting blazer there for like $15! And I also got a boyfriend blazer a while a go for cheap too. And hey, if NY&Co is good enough for Anna Wintor, it's good enough for me.

ashley said...

Definitely stop by NY&Co!!! And if anyone wants the coupon feel free to shoot me an email.

If you're gonna online shop it the promo code at checkout is 1774.

sbash123@yahoo.com

I actually underestimated that store but the prices have really got me reeled in!

Joyce said...

I need to walk into NY&C now. I always thought of it like a "Casual Corner" (wow that ages me). My DD shops there so maybe that should have been a clue that they are getting hipper. Thanks!

3-Penny Princess said...

Wow did I not need to see this right now! Those shorts, that skirt, that tank - so adorable and irresistibly cheap! I have a few items from there from years back and I still wear them.

But these are really pretty! I must not shop, I must not shop, I must not shop....

Unknown said...

I love the chiffon rose tee knock off! That's so cute!!!! I love the flip flops. And super love the bead & illusion necklace. I was totally going to stop in there yesterday and didn't. Now I'll have to check them out again.

Gold Coast Gal said...

Love the mirage skirt and the safari jacket. I want to buy these... maybe even the shorts too. When does the coupon expire? Please send me the coupon if it hasn't expired. Thank you.


goldcoastgal at gmail dot come