Saturday, March 7, 2009

Where has your money gone?

After I finished cleaning my closet I moved on to my dresser. I usually keep all my jewelry in the boxes they came in.. so I don't usually see them on a daily basis. I decided to pay them a visit and that's when I realized.. "THAT'S WHERE ALL MY MONEY WENT!!!"

I have a lot of other bangles, necklaces and earrings from different stores but today I realized, "wow i have a good amount of JCrew jewelry!" Its a collection of different bracelets and necklaces but I have to admit that I usually treat them as "collectibles" where I just admire them and never wear 'em.

Here's a picture of them:


Some notables include:
Colorblock Necklace
Skinny Crystal garden Bracelet (Citron)
Pave Shell Double Strand Bracelet
Beaded ombre Ring
Lady Bug Pave Bracelet
Gold glass and bead Bracelet
Fireball in Cornsilk

I slowly accumulated them once they got on promo. It's sad when you buy them and then they get even lower in price! What's even MORE sad is that I had no idea about this student discount till the beginning of this year! I could have saved $$$! I guess that I haven't worn the bracelets recently since it's been pretty chilly and I haven't had the chance to really show off my wrists. (Lol, show off my wrists!)
I'm currently selling the 2 necklaces on the bottom right corner on ebay. I didn't have any takers from the weekly exchange so have at it... I lowered the prices to get rid of them. There's a link on the side of my blog to my ebay if you're interested...

I also stumbled upon this belt which I TOTALLY forgot that I had:

It was buried deep in my dresser. Look! It even has that tag still on!


And after I had put all my jewelry away I found this straggler that somehow got mixed up with my earrings. It's soooo pretty!


I LOVE LOVE LOVE my jewelry and they each help to make my outfit THAT much better. I guess today was like shopping MY jewelry store since I had totally forgotten that I had some of this stuff! I have yet to wear that super huge color block necklace. It's cute and colorful but the beads are rather big. I might end up getting rid of it so that I can justify buying something more practical like that zebra tee. (Get rid of something to get something new.) But who knows... I might fall in love with it all over again!

So...Where has your money gone? Do you have items that you consider collectibles?

PS: I also discovered that I have a pretty good sized "Cardigan" collection. I can't believe that I actually forgot that I had some items... I was arranging them from a careless pile I threw them in and I was like "OH, I totally forgot I had a Portland in snow!" Lol. What a nice surprise! :)

3 comments:

Marilyn Alexis said...

I know what you mean about the cardigans. It's so easy to forget about all those "third pieces" that you own. :)

Also, I have the colorblock necklace. Seriously, don't think of giving it up until the summer. I've worn it once already. But I can see myself wearing it all the time in the spring and summer.

ashley said...

Thanks lexi, I'll hold on to it for sure. What did you wear yours with? I need some inspiration! :)

Joyce said...

Great post! You've given me something to think about it. I think my $$ has gone to sweaters. I have so many cardigans and was just thinking I needed a new one (in the color snow).