Friday, March 20, 2009

Product Review: JCrew Tissue tee with hand-cut appliqué

I LOVE eBAY. Why? Because you can get the same stuff from the site/store for a STEAL of a price!!! LOOOOVE IT!

Well anyway, I got the Tissue tee with hand-cut appliqué. Item 12670
Currently $55.00



After seeing JCA Chloe from the(chloe)conspiracy wear this tee, I KNEW I had to have one for myself. But WHA??? $55?! I was like, PASS! I thought the world was over. But then I went over to the wonderful world of eBay and BAM! there it was... BUY IT NOW for $16! Yes, $16! Okay yeah, he charged $9 for shipping but even so it was still less than HALF of what I'd have to pay online with shipping. It was a deal!

So fast forward to today and here it is on me. (Sorry my shirt was so wrinkly in the picture...)


Three words: I LOVE IT!

Color: LOVE the color. Light Chartruese is the one that I have. Online it looks like it would be more of a mustard yellow but IRL it has a pea green undertone. Yeah, sounds ugly but it's actually pretty cute!

Material: The material is thin. Tissue-tee thin. It's soft and kinda stretchy. It's not TOTALLY see through in this color but it is thin! (You can kinda see where my bra is.) I'll probably layer with a cami underneath to fix that.

Fit: I ordered in a Small and it fits just right. Because it IS a stretchy kind of shirt depending on how you want it to fit I'd say go with your regular size. It IS pretty clingy so if you have some tummy issue like me, DON'T size down because it WILL hug you in the worst places. You know exactly what i mean.

Design: The hand cut flowers are a great touch. Not overwhelming but put off to the side to be a little "different."



They're so simple yet B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! At the moment they don't look like they're going to fray like the chiffon flowers. These flowers are made out a thicker version of the tissue tee so I think it'll be fine. It says to Machine wash cold, lay flat to dry.

All in all, I super duper LOVE this tee. It's easy to wear and can be a dress up or dress down tee. For the price I paid, I love it even more. $55 IS a lot to spend if you buy it online so for now I'd say hold off and save your money unless you NEEEeD to have it. This tee is simple and gorgeous but you be the judge if that's how much a tee should cost.

5 stars! 2 thumbs up! It's a keeper for me! HTH! Happy Shopping and have a great weekend!!!

8 comments:

KatyO. said...

Congratulations! That's a great find!

Joyce said...

No way! It's cute and a cold color for you! Score!

Joyce said...

oops, I meant GOOD color.

Joyce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What a great find. The color is lush!

dinagideon said...

Girl--YOU know I love that top. You look amazing. You and me--the "Bright" sisters...

:) Enjoy your awesome buy!

krista.alana said...

The top is soooo pretty! I love tees that have a lil something extra.. good find!

starla729 said...

awesome deal! i have this shirt in slate gray... i think it was a B&M only color because it's not online, but it's a fab shirt for sure. this color looks nice IRL... i wasn't sure about it online.