Wednesday, March 11, 2009

No go, on the the promo. But I have some GREAT news.

I was super sad that I had lab this morning because I would miss the update. I finally checked my email at noon to find the private sale email. Ooooh "PRIVATE SALE!" i thought to myself. But then I thought about it some more and $175 is a lot to spend upfront and I don't even get to use my student discount...(i don't think?)

To make a long story short, I passed on the promo. I'd still love to purchase a few things but I'm waiting for my stuff to sell so that I can use that money to buy stuff.

On another note, I have some grrreat news! So i always rant to my mom about how obsessed i am with JCrew and so she passed by one in Cali to see if she could find anything. Aaaaaand SHE DID! I'm supposed to get it in the mail today... What is it you ask??? It's that SNOW LEOPARD CARDI that I kept debating about. By the time I decided that I wanted it, it was sold out! Well she bought me a small so hopefully it works out. My mail hasn't come in yet but when it does, I will be posting a nice IRL of me in it!

So now I have the snow leopard tartine AND this snow leopard... I'll be offering it up here assuming the new cardi works out.

My mom ALSO said she threw in another goody she found in store. I don't know what it is but I'm DYING TO find out... hopefully I like it! She said if I don't i can return it...isn't she the BEST?!

But yay! I miss my mom so much. Most young adults my age can't wait to move out and be on their own but after 4 years in college I seriously DID miss my mommy. My parents are separated so I just liked being there with her so she wasn't alone. I was happy living rent free with home cooking but now being so far away i get super home sick. I just hope i can make it back to Cali for spring break but we'll see... (Flights are so expensive!) :(

7 comments:

dinagideon said...

That is awesome...good for you...I love all my items in the snow leopard print.

I love the relationship you have with your mom. I would really love to be super-close with my kids when they are your age!

ashley said...

Thanks Dina! I'm sure your kids will cling onto you well into their teens! Its funny how I hardly know you but from this blog alone I already can tell how nice and caring of a person you are! :)

krista.alana said...

Awwww ur mom is sooo nice... and when she bought it, so u didnt break ur shopping ban! lol... its a win-win

Susan said...

Ashley,
Regarding your post on JCA about the ruffle cardigan. I saw it in store once--it's thin, probably why it's on super sale. I personally don't think anything is wrong with it, except that it's very casual and I'm not sure it'll last longer than a few seasons. The online pic is pretty accurate. I purchased one in Warm Blush using the SECRET code today. Hope that helps.

Susan said...

Oh also, I hope you do end up selling the leopard tartine, cause I would be interested ;)

ashley said...

Thanks Susan! PS: email me pronto. It's yours!

sbash123@yahoo.com

ashley said...

krista, You're sooo right! WIN WIN!