My Painted Stripe Tissue Tank came in the mail today and I am very pleased. Special THANKS to Nancy (jcrew junkie) for letting me have this super great deal! I only paid a whopping $14 shipped for this tank and that is why i LOVE LOVE LOVE the weekly exchange! It is currently sold out online but the last time I checked, it was in the final sale section for $19.99.
Here is their description: $32.99 NOW $19.99
Our favorite lightweight, bias-cut cotton with allover watercolor-inspired horizontal stripes. Fitted. Scoopneck with rib trim. Straight hem. Hits at hip. Import. Machine wash.

Anyway, I got this tank in an XS and am please to say that it fits me well. I usually take a small in their favorite tanks but I'd say that this does run on the larger size. It is fitted in a good way so that it doesn't hug in the wrong places. It has a very wide neck with a deep scoop but luckily it doesn't cut down too low. The material itself is tissue thin but your bra won't show too much since the stripes act like a distraction.

I love the "painted" stripe look. There are even little speckles of paint that give it a nice touch. It is super different and has an abstract kind of feel to it. The one I have is in dark slate. I think there is also stone and chartuesse? which is a yellow-ish color.
Here is a polyvore I made for it.

Painted stripe Tank - by sbash123 on Polyvore.com
And here is my IRL.


My outfit:
JCrew City Fit Khaki Chinos (from OUTLET!!! cute huh?! only like $20!)
XS Painted Stripe Tank
S Merino Portland in Melon
Target Pearl Cluster Necklace
If you ever see this tank, you should totally buy it! Worth the money and can pretty much be worn with ANYTHING!
Happy Shopping! :)
6 comments:
ZOMG cute tank and outfit!
Yay! I am so glad I found them in CT! I got a small, so I am very happy to hear they run a wee bit large. When I get them, I will definitely wear and show off on my blog...
:) YOU LOOK SO NICE...love the outfit...perfect for a casual day at the office or a saturday running around!
Wow, what a cute outfit. I was going to get the Portland in Melon but deciced I had enough of the same item in multiple colors. Maybe I'll pick it up if it's still available. Very pretty!
Cute outfit. I haven't tried that tank on. Good to see the fit.
thats a very cute outfit... and now i know why everyone wanted that necklace!
Thanks ladies for such kind words! I totally recommend this top!I know many may think that horizontal stripes make you look bigger... but I think that this top is different.
Lee- Where have you been? I haven't read any new posts! You must be BUSY!!!
Dina- SO HAPPY you found one! Did you get both colors or just the yellow-ish one? Can't wait to see an IRL photo!!
IRL- This melon color is sooo pretty! I hope you went back to get it!!! It's perfect for upcoming spring and summer!
Gigi-THANKS! I often visit your blog and love to know the fit of items! Such a great help!
Krista- I hope you got one! Totally cheap and seriously goes with everything! Another JCA Pakcola, mailed me it for FREE!
Such nice people on this blog! I LOVE IT!
Post a Comment