Thursday, March 26, 2009

Outlet Shopping on a Thursday!

Today I took a trip to Cabazon to check out the JCrew outlet. It's interesting to see what they have and if I had tons of money to spend, I'd definitely pick some stuff up.

They had some great pants, shorts, cardigans... but for the prices that they are charging, i was like WHAT?! They have signs ALLLLL over the store that say "Take additional 40% of capris" or "Take additional 25% of cardigans" but the price that is on the tag is like $60! So even after the reduction, you still have to pay $25+. Not much of a deal, IMO! Especially for an outlet.

I did however buy one striped blue and white long-sleeve shirt. It only cost me $10 so I was okay with that. I wanted to recreate this look from the "fall sneak peek"



I really like this look except I am still not sure how I feel about the gold necklace across the body. So daring to match a stripe with leopard print!

But overall, the outlet does have some cute items. The SA told me that they just got a ton of new arrivals but IMO they were pretty so-so. I noticed that they had some "retail" items but not any of the cute ones. I asked when they were going to have a big sale but he said that they weren't going to any time soon. The JCrew outlet isn't as bad as people think it is... IMO the biggest problem with them is the pricing. For an "outlet" i think it should be a bit cheaper. The quality isn't THAT bad but you really shouldn't compare an outlet to the actual retail store especially when you know that they make mostly "outlet only" items.

Other than that shirt, I bought some $2 socks at the BR outlet and a pair of skinny white jeans from the BCBG outlet for $25. Not bad.

As for the NEW JCrew arrivals... not sure if I'm dying to have anything quite yet. I can't wait to get back to my apartment to get chain bow-tie necklace! And have our Boston JCA meetup! Woop! Woop!

I go home tomorrow night... This week went by sooo fast! I'm sure gonna miss this kid:

2 comments:

krista.alana said...

if u ever put the doggy up on ebay, let me know! lol

ashley said...

awww krista IF i ever do, you'll definitely be the first to know! You should sooo get one! They're so cute and loyal and they like little kids. My mom loves this dog so much its like her little grandchild. I know they're pretty expensive for a pure-bred bulldog but let me tell you, they're SO worth it! i have a ton of pictures of him. One day i'll make a calendar of him and send you it!