Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Pants FIT!

A while back I had ordered some City-Fit Surplus Chinos in a P4.

These pants:


I thought they were cute and so I pulled the trigger on them while on an online shopping rampage. When the pants arrived they were TOOO snug around the thigh and butt area. They made my butt look nice (ROUND) but they were TIGHT. Like TOOOO tight. Uncomfortably TIGHT. I tried to get rid of them but had no takers.

Fast forward to the present day... today to be exact and THEY FIT!!! Roomy but not tooo roomy. Just right! I seriously love them now and am so glad that they fit just in time for spring.

If any of you are looking into getting them, they are GREAT pants! Form fitting without being too stiff. They're great weekend pants and PERFECT for the spring. Not too heavy so you won't get hot wearing them. I'm about 5'4" and they're just a TAD long if I wear flats but that's not a huge problem. The rise comes about an inch or so under my belly button so you don't have to deal with having LOW RISE or TOO HIGH rise of a pant.

Here is my IRL. (Excuse my messy bed and boxspring with no bed skirt. Oh AND my midrift!)


I absolutely love these pants! I can't wait till spring officially arrives! :)

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I love these pants!! I currently have them in dark fog but I really want a white pair. I was wondering if you can see through the white ones (I know people mentioned it with the Saturday pants but I'm hoping these are thick enough).

Thanks! I love your blog!!

Christina said...

Congrats! I am hoping to have the same thing happen with a Vera Wang dress I just bought.

dinagideon said...

YAY! I love that this happened for you.

:) I am in the weight-loss boat with you and I am happy to report that the pants I am wearing to today are going to be retired (meaning they are too big)!

Happy day!

ashley said...

MICHELLE!! OMG i just went to go try on the white chinos to answer your "see thru" question since i never opened them after finding the quartz not to fit and i just saw that they sent me the wrong size!!!

I'm offering them up before i exchange them in store. its a 6p if that's your size?

Christina: THANKS! I paid a visit to your blog and its super cute. I have a lot of common favorite things as you.

Dina: Thanks! I wish you all the best on your weight loss challenge! :) And good for you about "retiring" your pants!!!

JTS said...

Hi Michelle, I ordered some J.Crew white chinos last year (not exactly sure of which ones) when they were on end-of-season sort of sale, and they are thicker than the Saturday pant, but you can definitely see the pockets through the fabric, and would definitely have to be careful what you are wearing underneath.

As for the Saturday pants, they are very light fabric - somewhat see through, even in the pink, which I got.

Michelle said...

Thank y'all so much for the answers about the white. I think I will go ahead and snag some when they offer an additional %off. (sorry, I'm not a 6P)

Congrats on losing the weight! That is a huge accomplishment - I think even better than sticking to a shopping ban! ;o)