Friday, March 13, 2009

What I bought today :)

So I really wanted to use my F&F coupon at Gap/Banana/ON so i took a trip to the mall to get my shop on. I went to BR and not much there. Everything cute and cheap was in the wrong size and everything i wanted was still expensive. So i moved on. I went into Gap and all I could think was "meh." As in, "Meh. Nothing here." I walked through the whole store hoping something would beg me to take them but no. $49 for a cotton cardigan? Pass. Last stop, Old Navy.

Yay! I found the EXACT Denim jacket that I wanted. I grabbed a small, plopped right in front of a mirror and tried it on. No need to go all the way to the fitting room. It fit perfect! I was worried about not having a petite one but I did just fine. I also snagged some "Perfect Khaki" Capri Pants. (Although they're not really capris... more of an ankle pant.) Total for both? $33. Yep. Only $33! I was a bit sad that the jacket was no longer $25 and now $29. I even made the sales associate call and make sure that WAS the price. So weird because just LAST night it was $25!!! Eh, with my coupon it came out to $21 so that was okay by me.

Here's some pictures I took.
This is Old Navy's Dark Worn Denim Jacket
Currently $29 online and in store. It's a very fitted and flattering jacket. Very versatile! The only thing is that when you first wear it, it may leak blue onto everything so try not to wear white until after you wash it. I highly recommend buying Shout's Color catcher just to make sure that this doesn't bleed on all your colors when you wash it. Personally I LOVE the jacket and it goes with EVERYTHING! At this price you really can't go wrong!

Here is me posing with the sleeves unrolled. Even with a regular instead of petite the size and fit wasn't too bad. This is a small I'm wearing.


And here is it with rolled sleeves and belted! Quite cute don't you think??? I'm wearing my Cherie cami underneath belted with the metallic foil belt in silver and a JCrew Zebra bangle from a while back.


The second thing I bought are the Perfect Khaki Capris. This color is "Concrete gray." I'm wearing a size 4 regular. It is a bit loose around the leg/thigh area on me. The rise is a bit high which makes the pants fit a bit funny on me. These pant remind me of the pants you wear when you are feeling "bloated" and nothing fits. So in that sense, I may just keep these for when I'm having "one of those days.." The store didn't carry and petite sizes so I didn't get a chance to try those on. These pants are marked down to $19 online and in store but with the F&F coupon I paid like $13. So not bad! I have a feeling that these will shrink in the wash so that gives me hope that they'll fit better. Note to those who might buy these pants: Don't buy the ones in black because they look like they fade easily! Just a warning!

Here is what an outfit would look like. I'd probably wear a longer top like this because the rise of the pants is kinda weird to me.


Here is a side view. At least these pants make my butt look good!

All in all these are great pants for the price.

I highly recommend the jacket. The pants are okay but I still like them. So happy shopping ladies! Have a great weekend!

UPDATE! I'm going to return the pants (event hough it is just $13) because NY&Co. has some GREAT white pants and capris on sale. More fitted, the better!

2 comments:

JTS said...

Yay! Glad you found the jacket, and it looks great on you! I have the cherie cami too - nice styling tip! :)

ashley said...

Thanks Jenn! I love the jacket! And the price was so good! They have a white denim jacket as well, I MIGHT get it... I'm just not sure if I can keep white clean! AH!