I tried on 4 items to see the fit and here are some IRL photos: (Sorry, some are kinda diagonal)
1. Solid silk garland cami $88 in "Breeze"
This top was on my Wishlist since the spring arrivals came out. It was so pretty online that when i finally saw it IRL, I knew I had to try it on. For one, I love the color. So spring-like a super delicate. The "garland" neckline is made up of cut out flower-like petals which are so pretty. Up close, IMO they looked a bit sloppy.
Here it is on me:
.jpg)
I tried on a 0 and for me, the body felt great. The main problem was that the arm holes were a bit too tight for my liking. I should have tried a 2 but was kinda lazy to go back to get the size. I had a feeling the arms would work out but the body would be too big. At the current price I really don't think it is worth it. It's almost see through in this color which I didn't really like and since it has a hidden button-down front, having to button all the buttons up is kind of annoying. In the long run even with a price cut I don't think I'll be buying this top. It's hard to recommend sizing up or down so I'd recommend trying it on before buying. It's a bit risky if you don't.
2. Slub cotton ripple-ruffle short-sleeve tee $39.50 in Warm Blush
Here it is on me:
.jpg)
This top is pretty cute IMO. Love the slub cotton material! It's soft, stretchy, and seems pretty durable. I tried this on in an XS and loved the fit. The shirt is pretty comfy and the detailing is pretty minimal. I'm not sure how that "ruffle" will hold up since it reminded me of a cut-up tutu. The color I actually wanted was tea rose but I couldn't find one in my size. This color that I am wearing is nice but it's pretty see-thru IMO which I really didn't like. I highly recommend this top once it goes on sale. $40 is a bit much just for a tee. I believe that it runs big and cuts a bit low. You might end up giving a show if you bend forward...I'd say size down.
3. Slub cotton square-neck short-sleeve tee $39.50 in Pewter
Here it is on me:
.jpg)
The is one of the new arrivals and for the most part I liked it. The slub is once again, very soft! The detailing of the neckline is simple yet a step above ordinary. The fit is really flowy and so I'd say that it is easy to size down in this top. The ONLY real problem I had with this top was the "ruching" effect it had. The one that I had tried on had a weird crease on it and so it looked funny and the shirt kept caving in right in between my boobs. You can tell in the picture. I seriously tried to adjust and make it work but it kept on caving! I'm serious! It was weird. Maybe it was just the top I had on.. I hope so because other than that problem, I'd really like to buy this top in the near future. I tried on an XS and it fit well so I'd say size down because the flowiness of this shirt makes it very forgiving to your "flaws."
And last but not least:
4. Slub cotton critter tee $32.50 in Natural
Here it is on me:
.jpg)
Yay! I FINALLY tried on my bright Zebra and I LOOOOOOVED IT! The slub is so great and incredibly comfortable! I tried on a size small since I knew that an XS would hug my pudge. Since I'm short, the Zebra came a tad lower than some had said with it at their boobs but I had no problem with that. The tee is longer than regular tees but I actually like that. The bright neon pink Zebra chills on the front of the tee and I think that it's pretty cute. The "natural" color of the tee is actually like a light BEIGE IMO and NOT some "dirty off white" like I had read some people claiming. I loved this tee so much that it was the only one of the four that came home with me. Depending on how you like your tee to fit, tight or loose will depend on if you size up or down. With my student discount it was only $27 so I was happy! I highly recommend people to give this tee a second look because it is really cute IRL!
So that's about it for me. I really enjoyed meeting Margot, Alexis, and Jenn at our Boston meetup and can't wait for our future shopping trips! Yay for us and I hope more of you can make it out next time!
9 comments:
I'm so sorry I missed it! :( My friend is in town and, much to my surprise, was up and about WAY too early for someone who is on +6 hours time zone. She's not a shopper and I felt rude ditching her for a few hours since I haven't seen her in nearly two years.
p.s.: I love the garland cami on you!
I really like the square neck t. I'm going to have to watch for it to on sale :)
Today was fun!
Katy! We missed you! It was funny because we kept looking around like "hmmm maybe that's her!" But don't worry, we'll be getting together again soon for other shopping outings!
Thanks Alexis! That square neck top IS cute! I hope that I just got a weird one that kept caving and not all of 'em. Today was fun and it was great to meet you! I can't wait for our next shopping event!
You're forgetting the colorblock necklace you bought. Very nice indeed :-)Thanks for coming out today for the meet - weather was not inviting at all.
Aww, I'm bummed I missed the fun! I got sick this weekend, boo! :( Next time, though, next time...
I love the garland top on you, although I agree that $88 is a bit much for a top that doesn't fit *just right* and see-through. -crosses fingers for a sale-
Margot- Lol I totally forgot! I was just thinking about all the shirts that I had totally forgot! I shoulda remembered because I was up at the register forever!
toast- No worries! we'll definitely be having another shopping trip so I hope you take your vitamin c so that you stay healthy! Get well soon!
I agree with your perceptions of the garland cami. The display at my B&M had it in champagne (?) paired witht he Jackie in the same shade. It looked good on the hanger, but because the flowers lay flat, on me the Jackie covered them up.
Everything looks so cute on you!
The Slub cotton square-neck short-sleeve tee is very cute. Thank you for taking the time to post pic.'s. :)
Post a Comment