Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Self Restraint!

Although I did start bidding on ebay for that fabulous skinny crystal garden bracelet that I want oh sooo bad (at a somewhat cheaper price), I didn't pull the trigger once my long waited for items on jcrew.com finally went back into stock. I just couldn't do it. Okay, maybe if there had been a promotion or something I'd be sure to click "submit" but after looking at my closets (half in the bedroom which I am forced to split with my boyfriend in our lovely one bedroom apartment and the pretty good sized coat closet which i get all to myself) i finally realized that I really DON'T need another shirt or another sweater or whatever.

I'd LOVE to have another shirt, sweater, pair of boots, jewelry, etc. but I just don't NEEEEEED it.

After Christmas shopping I kind of felt guilty for spending more money on clothes FOR MYSELF when I know I really should be saving it. But eh, whats done is already done. I was thinking about being one of those people that sells their clothes on ebay but in my head I always think "Wait, I can't give this away... I still want it for myself...I'll keep it."

But then this is where my small closet size causes me problems...Well, I wish my closet were bigger so that I could see my entire fab wardrobe instead of folding some in dressers, the top of the closet, hanging them. I always end up forgetting that I have some of the items because they end up getting hidden under others. Ah. The stress of having tooooo many clothes.

For now I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope that i win the lottery one day so that I won't have to worry about small closets and having to practice self restraint in the shopping world.

No comments: