Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sizing.

With all of this talk about JCrew's sizing being an issue I really didn't know what to think. Should I feel offended that I can only wear a size 2 because they cut BIGGER material? Or should I feel fat because now their planning on introducing a size OO?!

I used to be a stick when I was younger. Couldn't gain weight for some odd reason and I really didn't think anything of it. I was just a size zero,xs and thats how it was. Fast forward through 4 years of high school and my stable weight was 95 pounds, 5'4. Fast forward past another 4 years of college, and 2 years into post undergrad life, and now I'm a solid 128 pounds. Thats heavy right? Well according to the BMI scale, I'm perfectly healthy. And thats good and I should be happy about that.

Im not exactly like a thick girl and not quite a stick. But would I rather look the way I do now than be a stick? Uh, YEAH! I finally have boobs and an ass. I look at models and think WOW they're thin but WOW they're seriously like skin and bones, and you can see their knee caps and ribs. ICK! Too skinny.

I don't know. I guess the problem lies with JCrew. Sizing smaller people out is a sad thing but blaming JCrew for allowing bigger sizes to be made isn't correct either.

And whats up with that girl saying that shes not Asian?! Okay, thanks for the stereotype but fyi there are Asians that aren't size 0.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Yeah that Asian comment was a little 'eh'.

Anyhow, the basic thing most people want is a flattering fit, no matter what size they are/ what the label size is. It's possible for jCrew and other retailers to have a wide range of sizes and fits, and hopefully in a given season there will be a diverse enough selection ; )

I'm starting to get creative, with crewcuts XXL and vintage stuff back when they didn't even make size "0", so my closet spans a whole lot of numbers!