Sunday, February 22, 2009

I got a haircut! :)

Since moving from Cali, I've been in search of a hairstylist/salon. I used to always go to Aveda back at home so I decided that it would be safe to put my hair in their hands. I only planned on chopping 2 inches tops to make my hair shoulder length again and really didn't want to spend a lot of money so I made an appointment with a "Junior Stylist." It was seriously the best decision EVER!!! She was so fun and nice and did a really great job!

My hair was in desperate need of a cut. I looked like one of those ladies on WHAT NOT TO WEAR before they get their hair done. (Okay, probably not THHHAT bad, but close.)

She gave my dry-ish scalp (thanks to the cold weather) a deep moisturizing wash and massaged my head. I looooved it! It's such a nice feeling when someone shampoos your hair or plays with it. Ahhh. She taught me some great tricks for styling and whatnot. I was super happy to have landed her as a stylist and from now on I'm goin' back to her!

My cut is so fun and young which is great for my personality. It frames my face and at the same time is super easy to maintain! Whats so cool is that I can switch my part around! :)

And to top it off, it was only $35!
Seriously back in Cali, a cut at Aveda would be at LEAST $55. But wow I'm soooo happy with that price! I checked out some mall salons beforehand and they looked kinda sketchy to me and when I asked how much to get a trim the lady said $45. FOR A TRIM. Wow.

So with tip i spent less than $50!
The drawback? I went crazy and bought a ton of their products.
AHHH, i for sure wanted their shampoo and conditioner but then I was so happy with my cut that i got suckered into buying 'volumizer' and 'thermal protectant.'
Eh, I guess thats okay since it'll last a while and I would feel REEEALLY weird going back there trying to return the products (if they even take returns...) so i guess I'll hold onto them for now. But lets just say that they weren't cheap!

Seriously, no more spending money! AH!

1 comment:

Lee said...

HAHA I love the whole "good deal for a hair cut turned upside down!" those places really sucker you in with good hair products :)

I'm so glad you found a good stylist--I'm too afraid to get my hair trimmed in this new weird city so I trim it when I go home. :)