Friday, February 27, 2009

My attempt at exercising.

So this morning I woke up bright and early to start getting ready for my exercise regimen that will begin on March 1st. I decided to try out my new Wii game "My Fitness Coach" to warm me up. When you first start that game up you have to put in your vitals like height, weight, age, and so on. After that, they make you do exercises to see what level of fitness you should start at. I thought it was pretty cool at first until she (my virtual coach) told me to do jumping jacks for 2 minutes straight. OMG. THAT WAS HARD!!! I am seriously OUT OF SHAPE! It was sooooo sad. I got through the first 30 seconds and then my legs started to ache, I was out of breath, and I started to slow my pace. After the 2 minutes, my heart was racing, I was sweating, and it was NOT a pretty picture.

I really need to step my game up.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

how is the Wii Fitness Coach? I have a Wii Fit, and used it diligently for a few months, but then stopped, so I'm curious if you know if the Wii Fitness Coach is any different?

ashley said...

Hi Jenny!
The Wii Fitness Coach seems really promising. I just opened the game up today so I haven't actually started the exercise yet. So far it seems really cool. You don't need the Wii fit board for it. You enter all of your Vitals which is really cool so it can tell what level to start you at. It's not bad of a price and I read it has a ton of different workouts from cardio to strength and core stuff. It asks you what workout equipment you have like a balance ball, hand weights... so I think that it will include all of that stuff into your workout. It also makes you dedicate to a workout calendar which is nice. I'd say that it will probably be like a personal trainer that is virtual. I'll keep you posted once I actually start the workouts! :)

Lee said...

Good luck! I know you can do it!!!