Monday, February 2, 2009

My TOP fashion staples.

I was wandering off into my own world when I was playing with Polyvore... suddenly I started thinking about what every woman really NEEDS in their wardrobe.
and so here are my TOP 10 PICKS! (In no particular order.)

1. Diamond stud earrings. It doesn't matter if they're real or simply cz, every lady needs a pair. You can use them with everything IMO. Simply put, studs give a little umph to any outfit.

2. Black coat. Yes, there are a TON of coats out there but one that you really need is a great fitting black coat. Not overly big or a man's coat. Once again, it matches everything and whether it be a night out or simply you on the go, you need a black coat. Instant CLASS.

3. Since I'm on the topic of black coat, everyone also needs a simple black cardigan. You can throw it on if there is a breeze, use it to cover up a halter, spaghetti strap, or strapless tank, and can be used for day OR night. Its an investment. Enough said.

4. A great pair of dark jeans. Dress 'em up or dress 'em down. You can't go wrong with these. All year round and in any weather, jeans will always be your best friend. Ps: get ones that make your butt look good.

5. This next one isn't so much of a staple but a recommendation... a yellow purse. Not like bright yellow but a kind of mustardy golden yellow. It's bold, beautiful, and really adds a great pop to a simple outfit. AND it's currently "IN" right now.

6. Since I'm on the purse topic, I'd also recommend a great neutral purse. Whether it be black, white, gray, brown... a neutral purse goes with every outfit and can solve the problem of not being so matchy matchy. (IE a red purse with a red shirt... no need to match so much.)

7. Okay I know this isn't a "wardrobe" piece but its a tool that will give you a great look in about 5 seconds. An eyelash curler. Trust me, a little pump pump with the gadget and you look totally different. Look into it! They're inexpensive and with some practice you'll get it done faster!

8. I guess since I stepped into the makeup zone, I really recommend EVERY LADY to have a tube of lip gloss. No, not that incredibly shiny stuff that strippers wear. But nice simple gloss that has a light tint of your lip shade. It will make you look awesome with no effort at all.

9. A pair of GO-TO sunglasses. You need 'em. They protect your eyes and add an instant glam with putting them on. They even save you on those days when you refuse to put makeup on... trust me, celebrities ALWAYS have sunglasses on... now you know why!

10. A nude bra. Forget that white bra, nude is definitely the way to go. It's really self explanatory but every lady needs one. Avoid that showy bra look. Trashy does not equal pretty.

So I guess that's about it for now. I'm sure I could go on and on and I'm probably forgetting some great items but I guess I could always add on to the list.

:) BID ON MY EBAY! i put a link on the side of my blog! :)

No comments: