Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Another Delivery!

I was super duper excited that my package from NY came in today! It was definitely something great to take my mind off of studying!

Anywho, I received my MAISEY jacket, and 2 Michelles! One Michelle is in Glazed Pecan and the other is "Sorbet"... the sorbet is not quite ORANGE or MELON but a mix between the two. It's a bright and bold color that is absolutely fab! IRL it looks like type of "orange" that you find in Sorbet ice cream. It's like a pretty orange IMO. Here's what it looks like IRL:



I guess in this picture it kinda looks like more of a RED-ORANGE... when I edited the exposure of the picture I think it kinda distorted the color...

The fit of the Michelle cardigan is very comparable to that of the Portland except it really isn't as soft or stretchy. I'm wearing an XS in this picture. I really can't really complain about this sweater because I only paid a whoppin' $15 for each. I'm a happy camper either way!

Now on to my new FAVORITE JACKET... my $45 Fallie Maisey Jacket!!!
I wanted to go for this look:



I took my Personal Shopper's advice as well as other JCAs and sized down to a 2. I'm usually a 4p in coats and jackets but since it wasn't offered in a petite my PS assured me that this size should work.

Here is it IRL:



(The right side may look a bit wide since my Right arm was pulling the jacket up when taking the picture... with both arms down and wearing normally the jacket doesn't look odd or big.)

The cut is pretty cute IMO. It buttons down the front and has two pockets. The pleats go around the lower half of the body which is kinda cute. It reminds me of my Felicia coat with the pleats. It might not work on some women because the pleating might make ya look bigger or wider than you are since it tends to puff out a little.

The jacket is a bit stiff and form fitting but it's not completely restricting. IMO its pretty comfortable. It looks like a cute weekend jacket that you can throw on when you are out and about. It's not lined at all and the material is super light weight. It's definitely not made for a cold day because it really won't do anything to keep you warm. The "champange" color is more like a light beige IMO. There really isn't much to say except I really like this jacket.

I super lucked out and found a jacket that actually fits great without me trying it on prior to purchase! I think I might buy a sunray necklace to go with this outfit.

What do you think? Does it look alright? Should I keep it or return? Would you buy one?

Happy Shopping Ladies! :)

12 comments:

KatyO. said...

Yay for Michelle's!

The jacket is cute on you too.

I'd say these were very successful purchases. ;)

Unknown said...

I didn't like the Maisey for me, but it looks really good on you. Is the color of that cardi fresh orange? I'm wondering if it's the same one I have or a different color altogether.

Cute stuff, girl!

Margot said...

The jacket looks great on you. I was not even tempted by it until I saw you modelling it. If you think you're going to give it a lot of wear, it is a keep for sure. I like the cardigan also, love bright colors :-) I haven't bought any Michelle, because my closet has a serious cardigan overdose right now.

Petunia said...

The Maisey looks REALLY pretty on you! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

I must buy that jacket now! It looks so cute on you.

krista.alana said...

I love the cardi!

HeidiG said...

Love the cardis & the jacket - you did well!!

dinagideon said...

Good for you...they look so pretty on you. Can't wait to see the other michelle on you someday! Have a nice day!

ashley said...

katy- yay! i really like the michelles! they instantly become the star of an outfit! can't wait for shopping this weekend! :)

gigi- thanks! yeah the maisy is a bit weird. the SA told me that the color on the michelle is "sorbet" but she could be wrong. its a lovely orange in any case!

margot- thanks! i can't wait till it starts to warm up a little around here. its a great neutral so come summer i'll be sure to throw it on. are you going shopping this weekend???

petunia- thanks! :)

anon- lol the jacket is great! it was so hard to get my hands on one but if you ever get across on be sure to snatch it!

krista- go get a michelle! only $15 w/ redcard!!!

heidi- thanks! you always have great finds too! i'm tellin ya, we need to go shopping together!

dina- thanks! i've missed you! i'll be sure to sport the other michelle in the coming days! :) like i seriously have missed you!!!

A said...

The Maisey looks great on you Ashley. And what at deal - congrats! :) I have it in the dusty rose and wear it often too - my fav look is with a papaya color top beneath.

A said...

Oh, I forgot to say the Maisey jacket is actually pictured with the Sunshine necklace, which looks like it may be just a tad lighter than the Sunray necklace to wear. :)

Milly said...

love the color on you....very nice