Saturday, April 11, 2009

JCrew Kelly Striped Sweater Jacket :)

Special THANKS to Silver_lining for this WONDERful sweater! I absolutely LOVE it!
Fits great, looks great, and was such an awesome deal! $25!!!
Don't you just LOVE LOVE LOVE the weekly exchange?!

I'm wearing:
JCrew Stripe Kelly Sweater Jacket in Sour Lemon, size XS
JCrew Perfect fit tank, Dark Fog, Small
JCrew Cropped Chinos P4
Metallic Ballet flats
JCrew Chunky Gold Bracelet

(Not sure why one of my pant legs is shorter than the other. Lol it must be the way I was standing...)

I didn't actually wear this today.. I tried it on the other day to see how i would wear it. I had a hard time choosing what color top to wear underneath. White underneath was okay if I pair the top with jeans.

What color would you ladies wear underneath? The sweater itself comes up right at the hip which is kinda short so I'd only wear this with a shirt inside.

I absolutely LOVE this look though. Who knew grey would look good with Sour Lemon?!
PS: This is the bracelet I'm wearing.

Isn't it FAB?! It's a nice gold bracelet and better fitting than the Jenna one. This one isn't as CHUNKY and is easier to wear on a day to day basis.



I hope you all have a Happy Happy Easter! :)

11 comments:

Molly Darling said...

That sweater is super cute on you- love the color. Too bad yellow doesn't look as nice on me!!! Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

Cute, esp w/the white jeans.

silver_lining said...

Yay, it looks AWESOME on you! Glad you like - I've tried sour lemon repeatedly and it just doesn't work with my skin tone.

Have a happy Easter!

KatyO. said...

I *need* that jacket. And they don't make it anymore. You are SO lucky!

Milly said...

very cute..love the color...bracelet is cute too.....i want the Jenna one though...if you know of anyone that would like to sell it..let me know...and thanks for everything :)

HeidiG said...

Love the Kelly striped sweater! I tried it on in store and it didn't like me as much as I liked it. Hate it when that happens.

Looks fantastic with the gray tee and the white jeans. I would also layer it with lighter gray, navy, maybe desert brown (with light khaki bottoms). But I would also ask FFM - she's so great with the color pairings!!

Lmac said...

Totally cute outfit! It screams cheerful!

ashley said...

Happy Easter Ladies! Thanks for all the nice compliments!

Molly- I'm sure every other color looks great on you. Yellow is really hit or miss! :)

Gigi- Thanks! :) LOVE white bottoms! I just dread the fact that they get all dirty!

Silver_lining: Thanks so much for this great deal! I really love this top and I'll give it a really happy home! :)

Katy- I've seen a few on eBay but they might be a little expensive :/

Milly- Thanks! I'll keep an eye out if I see any that are for sale. Definitely check out ebay there is always a Jenna on there. :)

Heidi- I TOTALLY hate when that happens! I scoped out your blog today and you have sooo many cute clothes! I'll be sure to ask FFM about outfits :)

Lmac- Thanks for stopping by! I'm totally a cheerful happy little girl so this color is PERRRFECT for me! :)

sparrowsandsparkles said...

Oh yes - that gray and lemon look fabulous together. You look super cute!

tm said...

so cute, I love how you cuffed the sleeve to make it elbow length! :)

I used to wear a lot of green, but the citron/sour lemon of jcrew has really invaded my wardobe the last few years, lol. I like wearing it with grey as you are here, and also chocolate brown. I think it looks cute with light blue or light spearmint too, for a springy feel. :)

ashley said...

sparrows- thanks! i was surprised how great the gray looked with the yellow color! thanks for stopping by! :)

tastymoog- without the sleeve folded it felt funny so i went ahead and folded it! i love the sour lemon color its a unique color and not super yellow. i'll be sure to try your color combos! thanks so much for the suggestions! :)