1. Planned Parenhood
I know this may seem like a silly post and rather "personal," but for you ladies that take BC, (dare I say the word, Birth Control!), if you have never used Planned Parenthood, you really should!
Paying for BC is such a hassle and super expensive when you add it all up but through them you can get it for next to NOTHING! Here I was paying $25 a pack... when I paid PP a visit and the lady told me that it would only be $10 each! I was IN SHOCK! I was like, are you sure? And then inside I had a little party in my head when I realized how much money I'd be saving! I really don't plan on having any little Ashleys running around ANY TIME SOON so for me, BC is a necessary item I must pay for. Just a little FYI for you if you happen to be in my position. Well, that was my little story just wanted y'all to know!
Now on to another discovery that is SUCH a big deal (to me.)
2. Starbucks Coffee

I'm not much of a coffee drinker and so anytime people have their Starbucks cups sipping away or hanging out at coffee houses, I'm usually out of the loop since I'm really not a coffee drinker. I'm always hesitant to try new things for fear I'll waste $$$ on something I end up not liking. Whenever my bf and I go to Starbucks I order a Hot Chocolate so that I'm not all left out. Well anyway, today I was in such a good mood after my PP visit that I finally decided to give "coffee" a try. I ordered a White Chocolate Mocha Espresso and all I could think was "MMMMMM. This is what I was missing out on?!" It was so yummy and sweet and flavorful! I'm sure this isn't regular coffee but at least I'll know what to order the next time around. So YAY for me! I'll never have to turn classmates down when they ask if I want to go for a cup of coffee and I'll actually be able to say "SURE! I drink coffee!" Lol. I'm such a dork.
Now on to my JCrew store-y: (Get it? My story about going to my local JCrew store!)
3. JCrew

So today I returned that horrible Silk Ripple Top and got my refund. After browsing the store, I found that the Cropped Chinos were only $19.99!!! I paid $28 bucks for them even after the promotion discount. I kindly asked the cashier if I could get a price adjustment and she said no since the ones I ordered were Petite and not regular size. So i shrugged it off and was rather sad about that.
I went home thinking, "Man that's soooo lame! Why can't the stores just carry petite sizes?! Had I been a regular size, I'd only have to pay like $17 for them! EVEN LESS with my Red Card! And these are really great pants!" So I sat around my apartment for a while before finally deciding to call and ask if I could RE-ORDER the pants on the red phone to see if they'd give me the $19.99 price or what. So I call and speak to the manager from the store I visited and she was like, "Yeah, you can get that same price!" Then I asked her if I could get a price adjustment instead of re-buying it. She said,"Yeah no problem. I'm sorry that cashier told you otherwise. Just come back and say ____ the manager said you could." I was like "YAY!" So I'm super glad that I called. Looks like I'll be getting a small amount of money back but that small amount of money is going to go toward the cost of another item. This helps me out because then that something will be even cheaper!!! So petites, according to the manager at my B&M, you should be able to go ahead and order those pants for the sale price!
WOOP WOOP for me and my wonderful day of discoveries!
Have a great weekend ladies!!! Let me know if any of you bought goodies!
4 comments:
GOOD TO KNOW! I get so sad that J.Crew stores never have any petite clothes. It makes it so I pretty much order everything online. I rarely go to the B&M even though there is one pretty close by. I might start stopping by to check prices knowing I can get price adjustments! thanks for the post!
Yay money! I learned to ALWAYS ask a manager. I remember I bought my fav item int he whole world, the satin Marie clutch for like $50 on sale on the website, then right afterwards it went on sale even more, so even though my store didn't carry that bag, the manager let me return it and buy it at the new sale price THEN added an extra 30% off that price THEN added the 15% student discount on top of it... I took it home for like $17! Always always ask the managers!
All three of your stories are awesome!! I need cheaper BC (my hubby is leaving his job, not a great time for making babies), I usually order HC (but now I'll try that one), and I hate paying more for petites!! Thank you!!
Persistence pays off. Petites should also be on sale if the regular ones are. It's not like they charge a lower opening price for the petites. Planned Parenthood is very good & I donate to them a few times a year.
Post a Comment