Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ashley goes shopping.

Okay so I have a nice little story for you.
While clicking through the JCrew site, I spotted this tank:



the Perfect-fit Chiffon Ruffle Tank $42,
and since I haven't read any reviews, I decided to email "Erica" at erica@jcrew.com to find out about sizing.

I received a response within an hour and was greeted by a wonderful Personal Shopper who will be named "P." Anyway, P gave me all the measurements and told me to go with my regular size because it was running TTS. Anyway, I slept on it and pondered if I really wanted the tank. What I REALLY wanted was to try on the TISSUE ROLLING RUFFLES TANK that everyone and their mom has been dying to have.



I responded back to P, thanking him for the measurements and asked him if he could do a We Will Find It for one in XS...any color really, I didn't mind. I just wanted to see what all the hype was about.

He apparently called my phone after he got the email and of course since I screen my calls, I didn't answer... it coulda been a telemarketer!!! He then emailed me and let me know that he was able to find ONE in my size at a store. When he hadn't heard from me for a good 15 minutes, he took initiative and ordered the top with the card I keep on file with them. Luckily there were no shipping charges and he applied my student discount to give me the BEST price! (I did a WWIT a while back and had to pay shipping AND they wouldn't give me my student discount!) So I'm just hoping that this top works out because he gave me such a great deal!!!

After he did that, I decided to go ahead and let him put in an order for me with some tops I've been eyeing. I emailed him over the weekend and I didn't get a response... Anywho, he finally emailed me this morning and apologized for not giving me his hours ahead of time. He gladly put that order in for me and.. ladies hold on to you chairs-- HE WAIVED SHIPPING AND APPLIED MY RED CARD DISCOUNT. Yes, that's right... APPLIED MY RED CARD DISCOUNT!!! TO AN ONLINE ORDER! I couldn't believe my eyes either!!!

He said he did it as a "Thank You." I'm not really sure what he's thanking me for, but I was super happy about this!

Had I known he was going to do that for me, I would have ordered a butt load of stuff instead of just 3 tops!!!

Here are the other two that I am getting in addition to the Perfect-fit Chiffon Ruffle tank

Perfect Fit Corsage Tee in Navy


Viscose Ruffle Sleeve Tank in Heather Light Grey



So right now I'm just packed with a ton of happiness!!! :)
Definitely look into getting an online PS! You might end up with a good one like I did!

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

12 comments:

Margot said...

Wow! Thanks for letting us know, Ashley. Hope everything fits well. Even if you are not 100% happy with the tops, you had such a nice experience, and a great deal - no regrets there :-)

KatyO. said...

I want to give "P." a hug and a kiss for you! Seriously, don't you wish *all* of their CSRs were like that (instead of the cranky, "no," or "we will do this as a one-time courtesy" bit)?!

Jayna Wallace said...

Glad you had such a great experience with your new PS! I love love LOVE mine - I've been ordering through her for the hard-to-find items since early January - and she's been able to take care of order mix-ups, wrong items shipped, etc. She's awesome - no doubt about it! She's so great with suggestions of how to pair up *** shoes with *** top. I kind of wish she knew more about me so the suggestions were more targeted (as in, with my hair color I would never wear a pink shirt...) but for what she does know she's AWESOME. Great to hear you've got a good PS working for you. :)

Sizzles said...

Great to read about such a positive JCrew experience! They seem to be few and far between these days...

I'm really curious about the ruffle tank, so hopefully you'll post pics when it arrives :)

Katie Church said...

Great stuff! What color did you get in the rolling ruffles tank? I love the other ruffle tank you got as well. I keep wanting to order that but can't decide what size. Look forward to pics of your new stuff.

A said...

What a fun shopping spree for you! As KatyO said, we wish all CSRs were this helpful. :)

You always look so cute in your outfits Ashley, so please share your photos of the tops when they arrive if you can. :)

krista.alana said...

Awesome! I love the corsage tee!

LRA said...

Love the Viscose ruffle tank-----ive been wanting this for a long time....enjoy your new tops!!

LRA said...

I am also living in MA.---North Beverly

AJLinBoston said...

Wow! Glad to hear you had such a good shopping experience :)

Tippy said...

Wow that's such excellent service!!! So happy that you had such a great experience. Post about the rolling ruffles tank, I'm dying to know what the hype is all about too ;)

Chanel Fashionista said...

how does the corsage tee fit?