Friday, April 17, 2009

Product review: Rolling Ruffffffffffles Tank

Way back when this tank first came out, I vowed to never buy it. I thought, "Who in their right mind would ever wear such a busy tank?" From what it looked like in some pictures I was sure that it would be a HOT MESS on me. Since I really wanted to see what all this ruffle hype was about, I decided to get my hands on one.

So here it is:


When I first took it out of the box, nicely wrapped with tissue paper (since it came from a retail store WWFI) it looked really big. But to my surprise, it fit just right! I'm wearing an XS in warm blush. I really like this color because it makes me look a lot tanner than I really am. If you are fair skinned, you might get washed out.

The front definitely looks like ruffle mania is going on... but to me it comes off as looking nice in an abstract sort of way. I'm usually a size small in tee's and tanks, and a 0/2 in blouses and a 4p in coats just for your reference. If you are smaller than that, you might drown in this tank due to size. We all know how JCrew sizing has been out of wack!

But anyway, the tissue tank material is really soft and sheer. Since the ruffles cover your front, the tank in this color really doesn't seem to be SEE THRU. The ruffles tend to go up and down and aren't in exactly straight lines. If you have a full chest, I can't say for sure how the ruffles will lay. There is also a cute little tied bow that is kind of hidden but adds a little detail to the top.



Overall, I actually REALLY LIKE this tank. Not sure if I'm ready to use the other "L" word for it quite yet. But it really is growing on me. Wearing it alone IMO kinda makes me look wider than I really am because the ruffles tend to add depth in the front and on the sides.

I decided to compress the ruffles by pairing it here with my Library Cardi. (I'm obsessed with it.)



Here's my Polyvore:


What do you think? Do you have this ruffle tank? Are you ready to get one now that it is $29.99??? Or is this price too much to pay for a ruffle tank gone wild?

7 comments:

HeidiG said...

I think it looks great on you - and love with the library cardi - it kind of funs up the cardi. I tried it way back when it was first out, and didn't love it - but I also didn't love where my weight was then, so that was probably part of it. I just think this would such a fun summer piece!!

sparrowsandsparkles said...

Looks great on you! beautiful with the library cardi - nice pairing! I never would have thought this tank would be *versatile* but it really is - I am finding so many different ways to wear it! Got my price adj by the way - hooray! :)

LRA said...

I love mine------I have one in the natural color. I had wanted the blush, but didn't have it. I know what you mean, about wearing it alone...not sure I would do that.....

Petunia said...

It loooks great on you with your library cardi!
I like it with a cardigan, but wouldn't wear it alone. It just doesn't look right all by itself on me!

Unknown said...

I loooove mine. I have only worn it with cardis, but I feel just fine if I take the cardi off because it's hot. I took that little tie thing off. I like it much better without for myself.

krista.alana said...

Love it! When it first came out, I didn't get it... but I tried it on layering it under a cardi and loved it... it's a great fun layering piece

HeidiG said...

ok, so I was at JC today and they had the rolling ruffles tank and thanks to you and sparrows&sparkles and all y'all's fab layering....yeah, I got it. At least it was 29.99-25%!! :)