Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm returning the sweater!

As I was cleaning up my room, I came to the conclusion that I really don't need this $60 sweater. I have a ton of cardis already PLUS i just bought the super awesome Maisey so I think that should be alright for now.



As pretty and soft as this sweater is, it's incredibly thin for the price. As much as I love it, I feel waaaaaaay tooooo guilty keeping it! I rarely pay that much on one single item. That last single JCrew item that cost me over $60 was my Maggie! It's understandable to pay $80+ for a coat or something, but for a thin sweater that will probably go on sale and snag... not so much.

I'm going to return it Wednesday morning after class.
So if any of you lovely ladies want it, I'm giving it to you at Red Card price! (Plus shipping.) So $65 shipped. Great deal considering its a whoppin' $79.50 online!

Let me know if you are interested! It's XS in Orchid Pewter :)

Instead, I'm probably going to pick up a cute necklace and maybe belt or shirt. I guess whatever ends up floating my boat.

:)

Hope you all have a great week!

5 comments:

HeidiG said...

Good for you! And can't wait to see what you pick up instead!!

DaniMarie said...

I returned the same sweater (but in a solid color) because of the thinness factor. It was not worth the 70 or so dollars I paid for it!

Side note: sometimes I feel so funny returning things (like I am aggravating the JC staff at my B&M). I buy a lot of stuff on a whim, or online (and half of it never fits or looks foolish).

Unknown said...

It's so thin. I hear ya.

D - I do a ton of returns, too. Don't feel bad. ;-) They know you'll buy more.

MMM said...

I return a LOT too! But gigi is right... I ALWAYS buy more (and the cycle continues)!

I had purchased a solid color one too that ended-up getting returned as well ( :-O surprise) ! Too much $$ for a very thin sweater!

Looking forward to seeing what you come back with!!!

Margot said...

I bought this cardigan in mineral grey at full price - 2 weeks later they were $10 off. I thought of returning it (so many cardis already), but I am glad I did not, because I ended up liking it a lot, and although is very fine and rayon, it worked great paired with my jersey dress. I don't think I would have liked the michelle or the portland for that kind of outfit when it was so warm. Other than that, I machine washed mine yesterday, and it came out great - I was afraid it would become the dog's dinner :-( But don't worry, because the sorbet will certainly go on sale, and you will be able to get one at a more reasonable price.