
Here's the sleeve roll:
You'll need a longsleeve shirt of any sort. Preferably one with button cuffs. But I guess that it doesn't really matter.
Step 1: Unbutton Cuffs
Step 2: Fold the sleeve up in one fold to just below your elbow
Step 3: Fold bottom of that initial roll about an inch and a half. You can eye-ball it.
Step 4: Fold another inch or so until the bottom of your sleeve is just above your elbow.
Step 5: Unfold the top of the cuff so that it covers the fold.
The main point is to roll your sleeve up and have the cuff still show with the exterior print. This is particularly helpful for long sleeve shirts that have ruffles at the cuff or some type of detailing. If it is a bit tight at your elbow you don't have to fold it up as high.
If you have the new catalog look at pg 39 so you can see this picture up close. The left sleeve (her right arm) is a perfect example!
Hopefully those steps make sense!
If you need clarification feel free to ask! :)
Happy Sleeve folding!
12 comments:
I will have to try this, thanks!
also - commenting was disabled on your belt post - so wanted to let you know I loved it - thanks for all the great info there!!
I find it easier to cuff the sleeve to elbow length *before* I put on the shirt, then fix it a bit if necessary. Maybe I am too uncoordinated to do it while it's on? lol.
hi ashley,
i tried the belting tips and it worked. i was very happy with my result!
so now i will try the sleeve roll............
keep the tips coming!
ina
Thanks for the post on the roll.
I also wanted to comment on the belting tips post but comments are disabled. Thanks for posting them. Love your blog!
thanks for sharing this info! :)
Oh I get it now! Thanks... I would not have figured this out!! But I'm going to try it. Thanks :)
i have happily actually tackled this look. was so excited to finally get it... excellent tutorial! I have become addicted to the mens softest wash or something like that shirts... awesome! super comfy and just a bit sexy....
I have obese people arms :( this wouldnt work for me, but thanks for the info! :)
Thanks! Your instructions aren't confusing at all! I'll try this the next time I wear my button up. :D
Thanks for sharing this, I even worked at J.Crew a few years ago and never mastered this. I think the way you explained it makes more sense to me now!
Also I received my tee in the mail today! Thanks I love it.
Thanks for the post Ashley! I didn't notice this before, but will definitely try it now. :)
Post a Comment