One of our favorite pieces for spring—lovely alone or under a cardigan. Silk habotai with a standing collar with a flowy self-tie at the neck and a ruched detail at the back—all the accessories you need. Nantucket fog has a contrast collar and tie. Classic fit at bust, with loose bodice. Straight hem. Hits at hip. Import. Dry clean.
I just received my silk tie neck tank (item 13307) from the Weekly Exchange and I LOOOOVE IT! (THANKS NANCY aka JCrew_Junkie!!!) I only paid a whoppin $40 for it so maybe that is what is making me love it even more! :)
This top is adorable! It has a tie at the neck can be tied as a bow and it's a super cute detail in my book! I'm wearing a size 0 in Nantucket Fog which is a pale grey color.

The color of the tie is a great contrast to the body and is best described as a very pale peach. The colors represented in the picture online are pretty accurate IRL. (Unlike some JCrew items...) Personally, I love the muted color scheme of this top because it is very soft and spring-like. The other colors offered for this top do not have a contrasting color tie and body, they're just solids.
This tank is incredibly light-weight because it seriously is made of 100% silk. There is no lining underneath so it is very thin.
The fit is similar to the Cherie Cami except this one is a tad more fitted. The Cherie was more flowy IMO.
The only drawback I can really see is that this top is a tad difficult to put on and take it off. There is no zipper to help with the give room so you have to be SUPER careful not to cause a rip.
I recommend this top only if you don't pay full price. At $78 you definitely would want something lined and a bit more structured.
But anywho, I still love it!
Here's my Polyvore for it:
What do you think? Have you tried this top on? Did it work out? How much would you pay for a top like this? Do you plan on giving this tank a chance? Let me know! :)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

7 comments:
I love it on you! I tried it on in a 0 and it looked bad (unlike Victoria Cami). For me, I think I'd rather pay the extra $10 and get another Victoria. ;)
Oh... and I read on someone's blog (argh! can't remember) that the new stuff will be in on Wednesday, just before our outing on Sunday! Yay!
It doesn't work for me. The material is too flimsy and the design is too blah.
katy! can't wait to go shopping! the new stuff will hopefully be great so we'll have some NEW additions to our wardrobe! i still have yet to try a victoria so maybe on our little trip i'll be getting one!!! :)
anon- yeah i was surprised that this top was super thin! i agree that it is flimsy with no apparent structure. not even a zipper to help with the give! at least you'll be saving yourself $78 by not getting it! :)
I will say that I have seen other pics and didn't love it - but really like it on you. Totally works with your skintone - that is the key, I think. Congrats on getting it almost half price!!
So pretty! And what an awesome bargain!! :) I love the contrast one the best too.
Love that top; bought it in the pretty melon that is available at B&M only. Problem is, the armholes, even in a size 0, came down too low on me & showed that unflattering armpit "bulge".
So as much as I like it, I ended up returning. It looks great on you, though! If it goes down to $40 or less, I may re-purchase & pay to have it altered so it doesn't hang down so low in the arm. I really like the new croquet cardi in melon so I was thinking this (in melon) would look nice paired with it.
Post a Comment