Monday, February 16, 2009

Target Necklace

Today I bought this $14.99 Merona Necklace from Target.



It was a total look-a-like to the JCrew Turquoise Bubble Necklace.

JCrew Bubble:


Although the JCrew necklace is nice, its SUPER HUGE!!! (Especially if you're petite like me.)

I like the Target necklace much better because it is very scaled down and not overwhelmingly large. It is two toned with gold chaining. The picture does look a little dark but its actually turquoise just like the JCrew one. The second tone is a blue-ish color but not like "blue-blue" if that makes any sense.

Here is a picture of it on me:



IMO, its worth $15. It gives you the same fashionable look without looking like a huge costume piece. (Plus it doesn't look SUPER cheap.)

8 comments:

DaniMarie said...

I may have to check this one out. I saw a different version awhile back at Target that looked pretty cheap, but this one looks cute! I ordered the original bubble but had to send it back. I'm petite (5'1"), and it looked silly on me! This may be a better option.

Joyce said...

Looks like I'm going to have to make a trip to Target. It's really cute!

Unknown said...

I've had my eye on this necklace and the one in purple - so glad to see it IRL! Looks like I'm going to break down and purchase :)

Unknown said...

Ok, I actually was looking at a slightly different one, but I like yours better! Any chance you have the link or item number? :-)

ashley said...

hi melissa,
i was trying to find it online but i dont think its on the site yet... unless this is an old necklace but i don't think so since it was still full price...

but heres the item number:
Turquoise/N2067
OR
215 01 0780

not sure which is the item number its not too apparent like other items.

HTH! you'll love it!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much, now I will have to stalk Target's website...in addition to my daily browse of JCrew. If you ever find the link, please post it! BTW I love your blog :)

Milly said...

Wow..so pretty and very similar to the jcrew one

krista.alana said...

great find!