I did however learn how to belt outfits, do the JCrew sleeve roll, and how to be creative with outfits.
I wanted to buy the 2 necklaces on my wishlist but they didn't happen to have them. I'll probably end up ordering them online.
I tried on the Dressy Jersey Strapless dress and as much as I loved it, I wasn't ready to spend that much on a knit dress. It was super comfy though!
So what did I end up buying?
- Triple Strand Patent Leather Belt
- Linen Seaside Shorts
- Spiral Washed Favorite Tank
- Sorbet Striped Sweater.

I was feeling creative when I got home so I put this outfit together with my new pieces. I'm especially loving the belted look over a longsleeve button-up!(I'm wearing my new belt, tank, and shorts.)
**Speaking of these shorts, they were great for $15! (With red card.) They're super comfy and have a loose fit. I actually sized down to a 2 in these. They're totally worth it!
As for this puppy:
I've been wanting the Sorbet Stripe Sweater for a while and it is super cute! It's very lightweight and thin. Luckily I had my red card because I would NEVER pay $79.50 for a sweater!! But at the moment, I'm actually feeling quite guilty for spending $60 on it... I'm debating whether or not I should return it and just use that money to buy the two necklaces I want. Hmmmmmmm.
All in all, I had a great time shopping. I never really understood how to wear a belt but now I'm so excited to try it on my own with different outfits. I'm also excited to try different color combos and push the envelope a little bit more. Today was exactly what I needed to put a smile on my face.
:)
10 comments:
Look at you posting already. I love it.
You are right. Those shorts are great. I can't remember which color I got. I put them away w/my summer things that I'm not quite ready for.
What is different about their belting trick that didn't work for you before? Very curious.
CUTE outfit!
Spill the beans on the belt tricks!
I bought those same shorts! I loved them they were so soft. I love your shoes.
I saw your post on J.Crew Aficionada about the twisted crystal necklace, there is one on Ebay I have been watching but I think it will probably end up going for a lot. If you find this let me know I have been looking for it too. The last store I saw them in was Chevy Chase. I'll try calling them tomorrow.
The outfit looks really sloppy. The shirt is too big. Otherwise, the tank and shorts are very cute. I know I would never belt an outfit in the summer heat but to each his own.
I think this is a cute look but there's just too many belts going on...the skinny belt on top and then the belt peaking out from the shorts. If you removed the one on the shorts it would be much better. jmho.
anon 1252,
great idea! i forgot that the shorts belt is removable. i'll be sure to try that one day. thanks for the advice!
I love my sorbet striped cardigan but it's very thin and already has a tiny snag on it! The only reason I bought it was because they always run out in my size but I don't think it's worth as much as it actually costs.
trestippy- i think im going to return it too! i just realized how many cardi's i have. plus you have a reeeally valid point that the sweater is just toooo thin! i would hate for it to snag in one wearing! thanks for your input!
The sorbet stripe is so pretty on the shelves, but when I tried mine on, it just didn't look great on me. Let us know which way you go with that. Looks like you got some other great finds.
Post a Comment