Friday, April 17, 2009

DELIVERY DAY!!!

My tanks arrived!

Perfect fit Chiffon Trim Tank in beechwood
: Two words, hot mess. Four words, NOT WORTH THE MONEY.
Here are a few pictures of it:





I'm wearing a size small. Fits TTS but is pretty clingy. It will hug your every curve and show your every bulge. NOT GOOD! The chiffon trim looks cheap and the ruffles look like a mess. This is totally getting returned!

Viscose Ruffle Sleeve Tank in Heather Light Grey: Two words, LOVE IT! Four words, TOTALLY WORTH THE MONEY.



I'm wearing an XS so I recommend you SD from your usual size to get a better fit. It is a flowy shirt which is a nice thing IMO. The material is tissue thin, very soft, and very light. This is a perfect tank top for those hot summer days. I highly recommend it unless you are smaller than I am because this tank may look too big on you.

CORSAGE tee
: Two words, SUPER FLATTERING! Now I totally know what all the hype was about. This tee is super cute and pretty sexy looking without showing too much. I love the deep scoopneck because it really brings the focus up toward your face rather than the tummy areas.



I'm wearing a small which fit PERFECTLY! You can't really see the flowers on my top but it's still pretty. This color is navy (even though it kinda looks black.)

And BTW if your wondering what shorts I'm wearing, these are the Chino 3 inch shorts in SWEET CANTALOUPE. As you can see, they're BRIGHT! Like HELLO ORANGE bright! (Don't worry I'd never pair those shorts with these tops.) As much as I love the fit, the color is not as muted as I had wished or as it is shown online. These are probably going back. Might get the light kelly green ones...

Here's a cute colorful outfit I put together with another ruffle tank i bought. This one is NATURAL and I paired it with my melon portland.



On another note,
I ordered my Fallie Maisey Jacket this morning! I SERIOUSLY called EVERY store in MA at 10 o'clock this morning and nada! I finally started calling random NY stores since I knew that they were already opened. After 20 mins, I FINALLY found a store in NY that had the jacket! I was able to buy that as well as two Michelle Cardigans! AAAAND the sales rep allowed me to use my red card discount! She was so nice and grabbed all the Michelles in my size and described the colors to see if I wanted them. HOW wonderful!!! She was incredibly nice! The cherry on top was only having to pay $5.95 for it to ship to me! Maybe i should start calling stores instead of ordering online!!! Wouldn't be a bad idea...

HAPPY SHOPPING LADIES!!! :)

9 comments:

JustVisiting said...

The viscose tops really suck you in to loving them because they are sooo sofffttt! I think that was part of the allure of the viscose/jersey knit tanks (luxe knit shell, item 96524 and tops) from this past fall.

I have the rolling ruffles top in Dark Slate, xs and like it a lot too but have not committed to it (ie. hanging in closet unworn with tags intact).

Your last outfit looks really cute. I'm sure alot of people bought the rolling ruffles tank w/the intention of wearing it so the ruffles are peeking out from underneath. I like it alone too.

I agree the chiffon ruffle tank is a pass, no matter what the price (for me).

Thank you for posting the pic.'s!! I can't wait to hit the b&m and try out that stinking corsage tee. :)

HeidiG said...

I agree with all your assessments. Sounds like you really scored with that store in NY - lucky you!! That ruffle sleeve tank is very pretty. would probably make me look like a linebacker, though. Corsage tee is so pretty on you, too!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your IRL pics! I'm really glad you showed the Chiffon Trim tank...I was drooling over it online, but now I know the quality sucks.

Unknown said...

The tank *is* a mess. Yay on your Maisey. Isn't the corsage tee the best.

krista.alana said...

*robs you for the corsage tee* :)

KatyO. said...

Even the hot mess tank looks great on you (but I agree, it's a hot mess). Congrats on some great purchases! :) Between your purchases and mine, I'm not what we'd possibly be able to buy at the JCA meet-up next Sunday. ;)

Shann said...

Thanks for the pics! I was afraid that chiffon tank would be a disaster. God wth are they thinking putting out something so raggedy. Thanks for saving me the ship$ on that one.
I LOVE the orange and pink together in your ootd

Julia said...

Wow, that ruffle sleeve tank looks awesome on you! I would have never given that one a second look, thanks for the IRL pic I'll have to check it out!

Molly Darling said...

Love the viscose tank- wish I could find one in store. I hate to pay shipping for just one item.