Friday, April 24, 2009

Goodbye Horrible Week! Hello WEEKEND!

AHH! It's been such a long and busy week for me!!! I can't even count how many times I've cried this week! I am just super happy that the weekend is finally here. I've been so stressed out with school, my bf, and "that wonderful time of the month" that the only thing that puts a smile on my face is this blog... and JCrew.

Anyway, my physics test went well and now I can breathe. I finally made some study buddies in my class and they've really motivated me to study and broke me out of my "shy" shell. I've been in this completely new enviromnet for the past 6 months solely conversing with my bf on a day to day basis (since we don't know anyone here in MA) that I forgot what it was like to have girlfriends to laugh and joke around with. It took a whole school year for things to get where they are and I finally feel like everything is slowly falling into place.

For the first time in a long time I finally DROVE my car. I'm usually the passenger since my bf always insists on driving. I get irritated sometimes because he treats me like a pet and its like he thinks I can't do anything for myself. AH! Kind of annoying! But I love him. He always gets annoyed that I have errands to run and I always end up feeling "bad" for taking up his time. But today I guess I got fed up with his grumpy attitute or maybe I just had my moodswings working that I just took the car keys and went on my way. My bf thought I was bluffing when I said I'd drive myself but I seriously just stormed out of the apartment. For me, it was just a good feeling to be independent for once. It really bothers me that he thinks I can't do things on my own!!! I only went to the post office and to Target but I can't even tell you how good it felt to NOT rely on him to always drive me around. Needless to say, I drove pretty well. No tickets, no accidents.

Ahh. I may just be homesick or in a rut. Keep in mind it's just me and my bf 24-7. We live together. We go to school together. Everything together. I mean I love him and all but maybe I just need space! AHHH. My bf and I are all good now but it's just the little things that just eat away at me. AHhh. I need some retail therapy.

I wish Sunday was already here!

On another note, I was able to snag these sandals yesterday morning:

Palermo Metallic Jacquard Sandals $49.99 but $37.50 with my Red Card! :)
They actually just shipped out tonight and my PS let me use my red card on it. My PS is the greatest!!!!!!!!! He is so awesome and helpful!!! I'm so lucky! So I guess I can cross the Carina sandals off my Wishlist since I have these now :)

I hope all of you enjoy your weekend! :)

9 comments:

krista.alana said...

awww sorry for the crappy week! if i went to school with you i'd so be ur friend! :)... be happy and enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend

Margot said...

And... breathe :-) I am glad your horrible week is over, but the weekend is going to be brilliant -something to cheer you up certainly. And after that deal on the Palermos who can complain?

HeidiG said...

Sorry for the crappy week, but glad you have the weekend to look forward to - and the Boston JCA outing, right? Enjoy!!

Love love love the Palermos!! So cute.

Tippy said...

sorry to hear about your rough week. when it rains it pours right? luckily the weather is supposed to be gorgeous in the NE so i hope you get to relax and enjoy it :)

KatyO. said...

I think it's really hard when you end up living with someone and moving somewhere -- instant companion 24-7, which is wonderful, but at the same time, meeting other people becomes a challenging thing to do.

I never lived with Ex (never once in 7.5 years), so in part, the distance thing was good because it forced me to have a life outside of my relationship, for which I am SOOOOO thankful, especially given the past week. :)

One thing that I'd suggest is trying to get involved with clubs or activities at your University. That might allow you to meet people with similar interests. :)

And, of course, it will be an estrogen-fest on Sunday. :D I'm really looking forward to meeting you in person. I'll give you a really big hug too, after your shitty week.

p.s. Driving in Boston is *scary*, but once you understand the "rules," it's much easier. ;)

Summerilla said...

Your week sounded identical to mine.... and retail therapy is the only thing that usually cheers me up to! Hope next week is a better week!

JustVisiting said...

"that wonderful time of the month" can really screw your life up for a week (or two). Smile, you're supercute and likeable and it sounds like you have a really good head on your shoulders. I hope you and the other JCA's have a great time shopping Sunday!

I said this in the other post but wow what a deal on the Palermo sandals! I'm shelling out f/p for Carina because I don't want to miss out on them.

toast said...

Sorry to hear you had such a bummer week! :( Physics, and the monthly visitor, and boy troubles? Yikes! I'd go crazy too! I'm glad to hear it's all simmered down now, though. ^^

I completely know what you mean about needing your own space even if you're spending your time with someone you love to pieces! I lived with my best friend for a year in a little apartment and we did EVERYTHING together because I only knew her and she didn't like her other "friends" (long story). But after awhile, we started to get on each other's nerves for the littlest things! Funny thing is, now she's graduated and living alone in NYC and I'm living alone in MA, and we miss each other, haha!

Maybe you should drive on your own more often, just for those few minutes/hours of "you" time. :D

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear of your bad week and I hope you are off to a good start with this new one! There is such a thing as too much togetherness-- and sometimes that's all it is. Little things that normally wouldn't bother you, do! Good job on getting out on your own. The more you do it the more empowered you will be. It's no fun shopping when you feel someone else is standing behind you checking his watch-- I've been there! Keep taking some time for just you!!