
My study group of girls were like "WOW. You always look so cute and put together! You do know we're just going to be studying physics right?"
Lol. They're funny. I was super flattered and not to be conceited or anything, but my head got a teeny bit bigger when they said that. I guess that's what happens when you have CUTE clothes!!! :) It actually makes you feel good about yourself! Don't cha think???
I guess after watching loads and LOADS of episodes of WHAT NOT TO WEAR on TLC, I've grown to want to look good... I put on makeup, put together an outfit... no matter where I'm going. The surprising thing was that from the cords (that i wore a couple days ago) to the library cardi, my entire outfit was super comfy!
Here's my polyvore:
Wearing:
JCrew Metallic Gold Ballet flats
JCrew Library Cardi in Pewter XS
JCrew Mehndi Graphic Tee Small
JCrew Acorn Fav Fit Cords 4p
(My Mom's) Coach Tote bag
I know some people hate the idea of black and brown put together but eh, I think it's fine. What about you?!

14 comments:
I may have to pull out my cords tomorrow. I like this outit; you did good!
"You do know we're just going to be studying physics right?"
I tend to overdress too. Eversince I got my J.Crew wardrobe. Worth it. :)
So cute! I wish my students would get out of their PJs... I'm like, "kids, I try and look presentable for you, can you do me the favor in return?!"
cute cute today! i know it is nice when people compliment you on your clothes :) it gives you a boost for the day. and don't they always say it's better to be a little over dressed than underdressed? you never know who you'll run into...
and i agree, i've seen hours of what not to wear and love it. it doesn't get old. they do have good tips!
LOVE those shoes. You should feel good about yourself. Even in comfy clothes. You probably felt smarter, too. ;-) Thumbs up.
I think it's a great comfy and cute study outfit!!!
cute outfit!
I do black + brown together, but only started doing so maybe 3 years ago... didn't use to think it was ok, but now I am all about it! :)
love it, super cute. many years ago, we were running to the commissary. i had "to change just really quickly". my husband asked me, why are you changing? well, hello, what if someone sees me. you don't want me looking like a slob?! i want to look good for me and for you. this was WAY before what not to wear. good job!
Black and Brown are ok to do....even Clinton and Stacy says it ;)
I agree with your study buddies... you look very put together and smart
Black and brown can work together!
People always say I'm "overdressed" too...but I think we do it for "ourselves"--or atleast I know I do!
Love the Library Cardi. on you--you have me thinking about maybe getting it!
:) you are so funny, you always look put together!! and I LOVE what not to wear...I'd do anything to get on the show!!
Joyce- Thanks! I really like these cords! They make me look skinnier than I do in other pants!
Lee- Very true! I'd be super embarrassed if everyone was in jeans and I came in sweats or something. Overdressing is always the safer way to go!
Katy- Lol. In their PJ's?! Wow! My mom would ALWAYS make me change at the very least wear jeans to school! I guess times have changed?! I'm sure you always look great!
Starla- Thanks! Sometimes its the littlest things like a compliment that really help you get through the day! i LOOOVE what not to wear! i always get ideas from what stacy wears!
Gigi- Thanks! I LOVE these shoes! I'm afraid I might start to overwear them and then I'll have to find replacements!!! and these were the batch from tjmaxx!!! and thanks! I DID FEEL SMARTER!!! :)
Petunia- Thanks! I felt like the acorn cords were a shade that said "im going to study." Lol. :)
tasty- black and brown look good together! i had a couple gal friends that used to tell me that seeing people wear black and brown together or navy and black together were their pet peeves. i silently smiled even though I WEAR BOTH THOSE COLOR COMBOS!!! they look good together imo!!!
emily- I totally know what you mean! I can't be looking like a slob! i know im not a celebrity but if you run into someone by chance it would suck to look all "not cute." my bf is the same way. he always says "we're just going to the post office!!!"
Milly- If stacy and clinton say its okay then it is all good! so happy to have you stop by! i hope you're enjoying all your cute jewelry!!! :) it really MAKES your outfit!! your collection must be looking quite nice!
krista- THANKS! i think it was the library cardi that tied it all together! i wish u were in this town, i'd LOVE to go shopping with you!!!
luv- i totally do it for myself! it really makes u feel good inside and you just "glow!" you should totally get the cardi! its really nice and cozy! you won't regret it!
julia- i love the show too! how awesome would that be to go on a $5000 shopping spree! ahh AND get a makeover!!! maybe you should start dressing REALLY bad so one of your co-workers will nominate you!!!!
Post a Comment