Today was all about my PUFF SLEEVE TEE! This top is super lovely IRL! I think the reason why many people were turned away from it was because of the weird way it was modeled in this picture:
When I first saw this picture of the tee online I was like ick! The model's shoulders look so bone-y that she makes the top look so boxy.
But after seeing Joyce in this top I knew it deserved a second chance!
So a SPECIAL THANKS goes out to Joyce from "Making the Best Joyce" for bringing this tee into the spotlight!
This tee is incredibly comfortable and a step up from a normal cotton tee shirt. The sleeves give it a touch of style and the loose fit of the top gives it movement.
I simply paired it with jeans, my metallic gold flats, and my Crystal Pillow Necklace. LOOOOVE it! When it got a little chilly I threw on my Library Cardi!

I tried it on with my Chain Bow-tie Necklace and it was pretty cute! It was a bit too fancy for school so I settled with the Crystal Pillow necklace.
Here is my polyvore:
Tomorrow is Friday!!! I'll be checking out my B&M and using that Red Card! Happy weekend ladies!

8 comments:
I didn't like this tee for me, but I love the crystal pillow necklace.
it looks great on you! unfortunately i look like a linebacker in this shirt (and i'd made the mistake of purchasing all three colors during final sale - ick!). the puff sleeves are WAY too puffy (on me) - i just don't know if i can make it work. i haven't given up hope yet - just wish i could make them just a tiny bit less pouffy-er. :)
I agree about JCrew's presentation, plus the model looks half-dead in it (look at those corpse-like lips).
I liked it on Joyce alot too but wasn't sure if it was the top or just because she looked nice in the photo. :) Now seeing it on both of you I really think it's a super cute top. Thanks for posting!
I tried this on in store and it felt a little linebacker-ish on me. But it was on sale. Don't know...
Love it on you and it looked so great on Joyce, too. Enjoy!!
gigi- im with you on the pillow necklace! its so beautiful for such a tiny little piece! :) yeah the tee is probably hit or miss due to the sleeves but thank goodness you were able to try it on!
rats- thanks! oh i'm so sorry that you couldn't return them!!! it sucks how things end up looking a different way than you initially think! i hope you can end up getting rid of them! the slub cotton part is rather nice though don't ya think?
irl- lol yeah that model is just too pale and sickly. if you look at the other ones of her she does look like a corpse!!! jk i mean shes pretty but she comes off as more of a starved pale model.
Ashley, the tee looks great on you! What size is it? ;)
Rats: If you decide to sell them on JCA, and they're the same size as Ashley's, I'd love to take one off your hands!
katy: thanks! its an XS. not sure how a small would work out, if you swing by a B&M try one on just in case. its a great top and for the price it is going for... it's practically a STEAL!
KatyO: My shirts are a size small. I'll try on the one again over the weekend and see if I can make it work.
If not you'll see them posted on the JCA blog Monday morning. :)
ashley: I do LOVE the slub cotton shirts! Part of the reason I really want to give this one another chance. Maybe I could just have a tailor take off the sleeves. Don't I wish! :)
Post a Comment